Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 08:13 PM

34,004 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
There seriously needs to be an uprising, violent or otherwise. GPS systems should be disabled (or smashed, I'm so angry right now ...) and rocks should be constantly thrown at the cameras by the citizens.
Ct would add a use tax on grabbing rocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 08:16 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,228,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Ct would add a use tax on grabbing rocks.
Yep, it would! Lol!

Old 07-29-2015, 08:38 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,487,836 times
Wow can they do that? Does any other state have a mileage tax like this? Y'all already pay a car tax, for God's sake!

Old 07-29-2015, 08:47 PM

Oregon I believe just passed one to "volunteers". Curious to see how many idiots volunteer to sign up for that tax

Old 07-29-2015, 08:51 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,487,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Wow can they do that? Does any other state have a mileage tax like this? Y'all already pay a car tax, for God's sake!
Oregon has is system.

I tried to do the right thing and be environmentally friendly. I bought a compact car to replace my daily driver which used to be a truck. I went from 11mpg in my truck to 38 mph in my car. You know, acting like I care to make all the tree hugger happy. Figure ok, I'm safe. I pay my taxes on both and I bought a 99 so my car taxes would be low. I out 25k a year on my car. So, if they want to charge me 1.5 cents per mile it would cost me 375$ a year. My taxes on that car were $50. It would cost me 7 times the amount to pay for this new bill.

Screw that!

Old 07-29-2015, 08:53 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,419,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
There seriously needs to be an uprising, violent or otherwise. GPS systems should be disabled (or smashed, I'm so angry right now ...) and rocks should be constantly thrown at the cameras by the citizens.
Lets do it. group buy on the masks from "V for Vendetta" (internet of course--to evade CT sales tax), another group buy on high capacity tactical assault sling shots (not registered, of course ) and I have a boatload of rocks in my backyard. Total camera annihilation. I'll take out the 3 at the light I blow every morning on my way to work tomorrow "No right on red" they said....

Old 07-29-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Lets do it. group buy on the masks from "V for Vendetta" (internet of course--to evade CT sales tax), another group buy on high capacity tactical assault sling shots (not registered, of course ) and I have a boatload of rocks in my backyard. Total camera annihilation. I'll take out the 3 at the light I blow every morning on my way to work tomorrow "No right on red" they said....
and I used to be pretty damn good at the sling shot back in the day

Old 07-29-2015, 09:01 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,419,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Oregon has is system.

I tried to do the right thing and be environmentally friendly. I bought a compact car to replace my daily driver which used to be a truck. I went from 11mpg in my truck to 38 mph in my car. You know, acting like I care to make all the tree hugger happy. Figure ok, I'm safe. I pay my taxes on both and I bought a 99 so my car taxes would be low. I out 25k a year on my car. So, if they want to charge me 1.5 cents per mile it would cost me 375$ a year. My taxes on that car were $50. It would cost me 7 times the amount to pay for this new bill.

Screw that!
I did the exact opposite. Went from a relatively fuel efficient Nissan Sentra to a good old American gas guzzling, 17mpg, 4 door jeep wrangler so I can irritate the tree huggers...and climb over their wimpy little Prius if need be...

If they enact this law, I'm going to buy the crappiest, inefficient Chinese-made generator I can find, drive to NJ to purchases gasoline, come back and run it for absolutely no reason 24/7 just to leave a nice, smoggy "carbon footprint". Then I'm going to transfer grad schools and GTHO (I will leave the running generator behind as a token of my appreciation)...after taking a nice chunk of the 100 billion dollar road with me as a souvenir...

Old 07-30-2015, 05:57 AM

62 posts, read 86,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
I'm for tolls.

This...you have to be kidding me. If this gets passed I will leave. I drive for work and this is a royal screw to CT residents.

Just when I thought CT was on the right track.

example 1: KILL the New Britain to Hartford bus line, completely unneeded.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:58 AM

62 posts, read 86,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Fortunately as these liberal states become more extreme, the backlash will happen. Everything IS cyclical, after all. This will only speed up the cycle.

My car doesn't have a GPS. If it did have a GPS, I would tell the CT tax office to GFTS's. If they installed one, I would tamper with it. I will cover my license plate. I will lie about my miles on a form. I will crack my dashboard and remove the mileage gauge if I have to. I will not pay a dime. I will let these pieces of garbage drag me out of my house at gun point and throw me in jail. I AM DONE, with this state.
They have no right to install one. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut