Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 08:12 AM

13,969 posts, read 13,737,384 times

Advertisements

Bridgeport, New Haven, North End of Hartford most excited cities then ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 10:06 AM

9,842 posts, read 7,585,185 times
Pretty much the whole state ha. I mean Shelton, Danbury, and Orange have some cool mini golf laser tag places. Some okay paintball field's in the state. Up in the Northwest of the state good camping area's. Mystic/Niantic area is nice for the aquarium and book barn. Rest of the state not much to offer up.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:27 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,402,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Pretty much the whole state ha. I mean Shelton, Danbury, and Orange have some cool mini golf laser tag places. Some okay paintball field's in the state. Up in the Northwest of the state good camping area's. Mystic/Niantic area is nice for the aquarium and book barn. Rest of the state not much to offer up.
+1 for just dumping the whole state and not even wasting time with a breakdown.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:49 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,614,790 times
Towns least likely to have puke on the sidewalk.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:52 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,614,790 times
My biggest problem with these stupid listicle sites is that the text in them is just like madlibs. It's like someone took the same template from the same article from another state and just filled in numbers and town names. They say a lot more articles are going to be written by very simple AI software in the future. They're already doing it with sports recap stories. This is another example that feels that way.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:06 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,214,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Here's a list for us to tear apart--

These Are The 10 Most Boring Places To Live In Connecticut - RoadSnacks

It like the methodology was simply "which town has the fewest young, single people." The towns on the list, are some of the less boring towns in CT, IMO.

I've got a few nominations that didn't make the "most boring list".

1) Lebanon
2) North Grosvenordale
3) Union
4) Oxford
5) Ashford
6) Griswold
7) Sherman
North Grosvenor Dale is not a real town. It's Thompson....and yes it's boring. People there like it that way, except the teenagers of course.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:14 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,073,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
North Grosvenor Dale is not a real town. It's Thompson....and yes it's boring. People there like it that way, except the teenagers of course.
I think there is boring-- relatively crime free, safe, no dance clubs, etc. and then there is BORING-- nothing to do for miles.

I think almost everyone likes the first kind... Not so much the second.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:13 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,151,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Laser tag and a book barn??? that's the best you can come up with. You're credibility on knowledge of the state is now completely shot here.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:17 PM

50 posts, read 49,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Can you give a few examples of the "tons" of stuff to do in Lebanon and Griswold?
I know Griswold better than Lebanon. Hopeville Pond State Park is in Griswold. Parts of Pachaug State Forest is in Griswold. There's also Pachaug Pond for boating and fishing, and other places to go fishing such as Broad Brook. The roads are great for bicycling or riding a motorcycle and so are the roads in the surrounding towns. For a treat there's Buttonwood. Isn't that a good start? There's a lot of stuff you can do in Griswold that you either can't do or would rather not do in a boring suburban town.

Lebanon is a little hillier and much more "country" than Griswold. Salmon River State Park/Forest is either in or very near Lebanon. It's much more scenic for bicycle/motorcycle riding.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:27 PM

4,316 posts, read 4,169,671 times
I bike-toured NE CT from Norwich to North Grosvenordale in July, and not simply zipped thru 395. If you're looking for funky large urban centers, look elsewhere. But if you're looking for scenery, no rush-hour, farm stands, excellent parks and sanctuaries, little towns -- then Windham county had plenty.

I also stopped at a couple of small museums, like the Prudence Crandall Museum in Canterbury. Spent two nights at Mashamoquet State Park. Putnam had an excellent little downtown. So if I lived in Thomson or North Grosvenordale, I would hang out in Putnam for coffee shops and few walking eateries. Self-guided Walking Tour of Putnam was great, so was its bike trail along the river and Farmer's Market a couple of miles South from downtown.

Early July was too early for corn, but farm stands had plenty of corn from Windsor!! Everything else was home-grown and fresh. Besides that, Norwich's downtown was pretty lacking for restaurants in the middle of the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut