Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 02:48 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Because you've never complained about the heat and humidity! :roll eyes:
So not true....

I am the one who says there are four seasons in CT. While I may not like the hot weather I rarely complain about it as long as its in Summer. Its WINTER here, it should be cold..complaining about it every day is redundant. Yes, others here do complain endlessly about the heat and humidity in summer but I don't, as I understand the weather where I live will be dictated by the seasons and it should be in the 80's and humid at times in the summer. When I lived in the south hell yea I complained all the time..hence I NO longer live in the south!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 04:49 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
So not true....

I am the one who says there are four seasons in CT. While I may not like the hot weather I rarely complain about it as long as its in Summer. Its WINTER here, it should be cold..complaining about it every day is redundant. Yes, others here do complain endlessly about the heat and humidity in summer but I don't, as I understand the weather where I live will be dictated by the seasons and it should be in the 80's and humid at times in the summer. When I lived in the south hell yea I complained all the time..hence I NO longer live in the south!
Yup, I remember you saying you liked the heat and seasons. There's a guy in the weather forum (TomFalcons77) that is a heat lover. Lives in Philly. But when it comes to winter he does not want warmth or miserable overcast and rain. He doesn't want extreme cold either. Just seasonable, dry, fresh, crisp air, blue skies with snow sometimes.. I know many lovers of heat and humidity that want seasons.

We haven't had snow in 9 months now.... And people complain about 2-3 months of winter???!! Or a couple big snowstorms?

That's why I want an extreme winter in CT, because we get warmth and no snow for over 7 months a year! April, May, June, July, August, September, October, now this year add November, December.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:39 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
It snowed in October ;-)

After that October storm remember winter's seemed relentless. Roofs collapsing, walls and walls of snow on the road, and endless snow that stays until July. Hopefully this is the year we get a break. I'll take bitter cold and very little snow. Love the sub zero temps.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:00 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
“If you don't like the weather in New England now, just wait a few minutes.”

― Mark Twain

Old 12-28-2015, 08:01 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Yup, I remember you saying you liked the heat and seasons. There's a guy in the weather forum (TomFalcons77) that is a heat lover. Lives in Philly. But when it comes to winter he does not want warmth or miserable overcast and rain. He doesn't want extreme cold either. Just seasonable, dry, fresh, crisp air, blue skies with snow sometimes.. I know many lovers of heat and humidity that want seasons.

We haven't had snow in 9 months now.... And people complain about 2-3 months of winter???!! Or a couple big snowstorms?

That's why I want an extreme winter in CT, because we get warmth and no snow for over 7 months a year! April, May, June, July, August, September, October, now this year add November, December.
Thanks..right, we should expect snow now. Warm followed by cold , vice versa..never have to much too long. New England weather! Time for winter now!

I've always said New England is the great balance. Embrace the seasons! When its winter ...GIMME WINTER!

In summer? Break out the shorts and tee shirts and let it get warm!

Old 10-01-2016, 07:04 AM

So........... are we gonna have another Freezing Winter in CT? lol

US winter forecast: Frequent snow to blast Northeast; Freeze may damage citrus crop in South

Old 10-01-2016, 07:20 AM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
After this summer we better have some snow storms Cam!

Old 10-01-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
After this summer we better have some snow storms Cam!
I believe the pattern is changing now to support that. Could be an interesting winter.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:02 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
Not ready at least 1 more dull winter before Snowmageddon. Love the 40 degree weather.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:23 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
If you say so Cam.
I went through a bad winter one day in Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut