Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want To Win?
Donald Trump 44 45.83%
Jeb Bush 1 1.04%
Scott Walker 1 1.04%
Mike Huckabee 0 0%
Ben Carson 1 1.04%
Ted Cruz 8 8.33%
Marco Rubio 13 13.54%
Rand Paul 4 4.17%
Chris Christie 5 5.21%
John Kasich 5 5.21%
Other 14 14.58%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 11:37 AM

678 posts, read 846,439 times

Advertisements

What's so appealing about Cruz? You want a Texan to run New England? No thanks.

I despise the Republican candidates, but, Rubio would get my vote. He's definitely more charismatic in his speeches as well.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:39 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,687,365 times
I take Rubio...aa long as not Trump or a Democrat as the next POTUS.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:01 PM

505 posts, read 428,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
What's so appealing about Cruz? You want a Texan to run New England? No thanks.

I despise the Republican candidates, but, Rubio would get my vote. He's definitely more charismatic in his speeches as well.

He isn't going to "run" New England. It's the entire U.S. Sure- he's competent so why not? You would hypothetically vote for someone from Florida (Rubio) so how does this make much of a difference??

Personally I like the fact that he is a solid Republican with political experience.

Republicans are far better than Hilary or Sanders

Old 12-03-2015, 12:26 PM

Nah, I would hypothetically vote for someone from New England.

What I was getting at is that the policies of Ted Cruz reflect the Deep South which has always been in stark contrast to New England.

My question is what makes him solid? Other people on the list have solid experience with political experience (Rubio as senator, Christie/Bush as Governor)

Old 12-03-2015, 12:39 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,687,365 times
Only thing I can like out of New England ideals is equality, pro abortion, and religious freedom. Outside of that can't stand the way the goverment is run in Northern states and CT. Tax the poor and pay the rich.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:42 PM

505 posts, read 428,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
Nah, I would hypothetically vote for someone from New England.

What I was getting at is that the policies of Ted Cruz reflect the Deep South which has always been in stark contrast to New England.

My question is what makes him solid? Other people on the list have solid experience with political experience (Rubio as senator, Christie/Bush as Governor)

New England isn't very Republican and Romney -and New England Republicans- had their chance last election and already lost.

"solid Republican" is the point- not just "solid experience"- in that he represents issues that are important to core voters.

It's true many of them have solid political experience but I am focusing on the top candidates- most of the rest are no hopers.

Personally I want someone who will be strong on border control, illegal immigration and internal security which is why Trump has taken the lead in my mind. I didn't initially take him seriously but since he is the only one consistently talking about the hard issues he worked his way into my top spot.

He also has a lot of energy and experience "getting things done" so I expect he will do more than just stand around shaking hands and giving speeches before jetting off on vacation.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Only thing I can like out of New England ideals is equality, pro abortion, and religious freedom. Outside of that can't stand the way the goverment is run in Northern states and CT. Tax the poor and pay the rich.
I hope you know it was a Republican turned Independent from Greenwich who instated the income tax and took away the steep interest/dividend tax.

In other words, rich people pay less and that difference (and some more) is made up by the working class.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:45 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,150 times
Seeing all these Donald Trump supporters scares me...
He is extremely delusional and promotes racism. If it wasn't for immigration you would be here right now. The Statue of Liberty says what again? Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. It's not meaning send us your most successful people but those in need. Why should we close our borders to those in need? This country was built on us having a pair and not being afraid to stand up on our own...yes the world is an awful place where atrocities and injustices happen everywhere, where innocent lives are lost to people who just want to see the world burn, and you know what, if we just sit by and let it happen then we are no better than them. If we take in a million refugees who are on the brink of death there is bound to be some that aren't really citizens but terrorists. If I die because on of those terrorists killed me, I will die happy knowing that we helped save the 999,900 other lives from their home country. This is our duty. Stop being selfish and show empathy.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:44 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,885,111 times
Please stop bickering and remember to be respectful of other people's opinions. JayCT, Moderator

Old 12-03-2015, 03:00 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,176,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
If I die because on of those terrorists killed me, I will die happy knowing that we helped save the 999,900 other lives from their home country. This is our duty. Stop being selfish and show empathy.
Wow. Just wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut