Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2021, 08:10 PM

34,854 posts, read 56,785,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
It's humming right now but yeah proof is in the pudding. If say these venues can get halfway decent acts in it'll be a home run for the metro
This is being built by the same group that has operated the highly successful Xfinity Meadows Theater in Hartford so it is likely they will have good acts and succeed. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 08:34 PM

33,932 posts, read 16,970,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Come on Bob, you and I could have played for the Bluefish. This isn't the Bluefish. Who cares.

Booking the right acts brings attendance and success. In any year. If you're booking Milford based cover band Joe Schmo and the Rockets if won't go over well and fail, I would have to agree.
Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift on extended nights, Stevie Nicks, Maroon 5, local heros John Mayer and CTArtist, Weekender, Billy Eillish. Those are sellouts.
Booking the right acts, year after year, operating the venue in a great manner to insure the experience of the fans is awesome are the keys.

Btw, the Bluefish did well the first few years at insuring fans had fun. It did not last. Time will tell.

Taylor Swift is likely so far past this price point-that is like you thinking you can hit Jake DeGrom's pitches.

But again, I always take the long view approach, and hope the management team at each venue does the same.

Old 03-16-2021, 08:39 PM

21,658 posts, read 27,975,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The key is how are they doing in 2023? 2025? 2030?

I want to be optimistic, but I also must remind folks the Bluefish led their league in attendance, by a mile, each of the 1st 2 years of their existence.

I am sure these new venues will be jam packed their 1st year. Its their 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc..that determine if they can sustain the freshly painted stage.

Best of luck to them, and hopefully they are well run and well financed in terms of annual operating budgets.
They will do just fine. Similarly sized music venues in the state have been successful so I'm not sure why this would be an exception.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:26 AM

6,789 posts, read 3,675,860 times
Quote:
Booking the right acts, year after year, operating the venue in a great manner to insure the experience of the fans is awesome are the keys.

Btw, the Bluefish did well the first few years at insuring fans had fun. It did not last. Time will tell.

Taylor Swift is likely so far past this price point-that is like you thinking you can hit Jake DeGrom's pitches.

But again, I always take the long view approach, and hope the management team at each venue does the same.
The state has one of the best promoters in the biz. A legend. Been around forever and highly respected in the industry. He knows what he's doing.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:08 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,172,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
This is being built by the same group that has operated the highly successful Xfinity Meadows Theater in Hartford so it is likely they will have good acts and succeed. Jay
Live nation knows how to book gigs and keep excellent care of their facilities... Honestly if this literally any other company behind it I'd have far more fear

Old 03-18-2021, 02:10 PM

4,431 posts, read 3,324,838 times
Bridgeport business owner purchases beloved Black Rock music venue The Acoustic
https://connecticut.news12.com/bridg...MXfm22XhaYqWAM

"Beloved Black Rock music venue The Acoustic is getting a second lease on life after a Bridgeport business owner purchased it.
The Torres family has owned sandwich staple Harborview Market for nearly 30 years. They say the pandemic has been hard on Black Rock businesses.
Michele and Rick Torres say when it looked like The Acoustic was going to be a COVID-19 casualty, they felt a duty to step in."

Old 03-18-2021, 05:21 PM

7,919 posts, read 7,789,278 times
Anyone go to Mongers Market? I might go to Bridgeport just for it this spring.

Old 05-16-2021, 06:32 AM

34,854 posts, read 56,785,839 times
Adding to last weeks announcement that Avelo Airlines coming to Tweed New Haven Airport is news that a new commercial airline, A Breeze Airway, is considering Bridgeport’s Sikorsky Airport for flights. The area is definitely underserved by air flights so this is great news. Jay

https://patch.com/connecticut/bridge...s-out-sikorsky

Old 05-16-2021, 10:14 PM

21,658 posts, read 27,975,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Anyone go to Mongers Market? I might go to Bridgeport just for it this spring.
Yes. Cool spot with tons of relics to explore. I like nearby Brewport. Where are you coming from? Plenty in area to make it worth a day trip.

Old 05-17-2021, 02:49 AM

752 posts, read 549,985 times
Quote:
Opening acts are Brothers Osborne, Foreigner, and the Beach Boys. All national touring acts. Pretty good start if you ask me. I've got my tickets for Foreigner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut