Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 11:29 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylinus View Post
I wouldn't be so proud of your behavior. I would report you to police for road rage and for stalking.
That is not road rage or stalking. Not even close. I am proud that I spoke up to someone breaking the law. This was right near a school. Maybe if more people speak up instead of just complaining about poor drivers there would be less accidents on our roads. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 04:55 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,088,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
It was not road rage at all. I simply followed them a couple of blocks and told her I saw what she did. She was the one breaking the law, not me. Kids ride their bikes in that area and I did not want to see a tragedy happen. I just wanted her to know that she could not get away with doing that. Hopefully she got the message. Jay
Thats what the cops are for…. sorry but following someone to their destination to reprimand them about their driving, is road rage..

Not to mention your move regarding purposely driving into the intersection as they are going before you, then purposely blaring your horn to startle them, is also road rage, by definition…

You shouldn't be proud of your behavior on the road.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:08 PM

10,094 posts, read 14,965,663 times
I personally don't think what JayCT did was road rage. If anything he's actually helping make driving safer for others, unlike the typical purpose of road rage.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:31 PM

1,549 posts, read 3,055,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
If the car to your left gets there first, you get there 2nd and I'm on your right and get there 3rd, I usually cut and go 2nd if my timing allows me to go while the 1st car is still in the intersection. It keeps traffic flowing and doesn't affect you because you need to wait for the 1st car anyways and I'm almost out of the intersection by the time you're able to step on your gas. Other than that, I wait and go in order.

I think people hesitate too long at 4-way stops in general which causes traffic backups. I hate it when I'm approaching a 4-way stop and there's already someone to my left or right stopped and they wait until I come to a stop before they go. It's just a waste of time for everyone!
and that is why states like Connecticut have some of the highest insurance rates. In no universe do you have the right to go until that person to the left moves. But you prefer to be courteous to the flow of traffic behind you rather than the one who has the right of way thru the intersection. Your waste of time will hurt someone someday. Insurance stats prove that and since they know how you drive, high rates for everyone.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:43 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,088,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I personally don't think what JayCT did was road rage. If anything he's actually helping make driving safer for others, unlike the typical purpose of road rage.
How is waiting for someone to get halfway through an intersection, then purposely beginning to go as they are already in the intersection, only to dramatically slam on your brakes and honk your horn in an effort to "startle" them, helping anyone on the road? That is typical aggressive driving that could get someone hurt…. he should be embarrassed…

I can't stand when I see people on the road play games like that. They see someone else being an a-hole and attempt to be twice as big as an a-hole because they think they're in the right. It's like the moron who sits in the left lane as someone is tailgating them. When they see the tailgater move into the right lane to pass them on the right, they flip on their blinker and move over and pretend they didn't know they were about to get passed. It's passive aggressive BS and so typical of CT drivers..

Old 09-20-2015, 08:16 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
How is waiting for someone to get halfway through an intersection, then purposely beginning to go as they are already in the intersection, only to dramatically slam on your brakes and honk your horn in an effort to "startle" them, helping anyone on the road? That is typical aggressive driving that could get someone hurt…. he should be embarrassed…

I can't stand when I see people on the road play games like that. They see someone else being an a-hole and attempt to be twice as big as an a-hole because they think they're in the right. It's like the moron who sits in the left lane as someone is tailgating them. When they see the tailgater move into the right lane to pass them on the right, they flip on their blinker and move over and pretend they didn't know they were about to get passed. It's passive aggressive BS and so typical of CT drivers..
And I hate drivers that break the law. I do that so that maybe at the next intersection they get to, they will stop and wait their turn like they are suppose to do. And hopefully that woman stopped going through intersections without stopping. And I do get over to let other drivers pass me because I too hate drivers that hang in the left lane without being conscience of the traffic behind them. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut