Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:43 AM

31 posts, read 29,668 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the suggestions of Trumbull and Shelton. I will look into places in that area. I will have a car and will be working at BH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 09:46 AM

453 posts, read 525,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trail_hiker View Post
Thanks for the suggestions of Trumbull and Shelton. I will look into places in that area. I will have a car and will be working at BH.
Milford as well.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:02 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,409,411 times
Thumbs up Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail_hiker View Post
Thanks so much for the suggestions. The company does offer housing but I always try to arrange on my own if available as then I have a choice in the accommodations.

Since you noted you have a car, if planning to drive to work, check on parking arrangements. I worked at a hospital for many years and was "grandfathered" into parking into the garage ($80/month), but no new employees have that option. The surface parking (outside) lots are close to a mile from the hospital and shuttle service is provided, but ends at 1 a.m. Many times I gave rides to co-workers who could not leave work on time, due to late admission, crisis with a patient, etc. That was a long walk that late at night. The charge was the same as I paid in the garage. Also, the shuttle gets bogged down in traffic and people who parked there had to allow at least 20 minutes to get to the hospital in order to swipe their badges on time. Just another things you might have to consider. Parking is very scarce around hospitals in this area and neighborhoods near the hospital require a decal that you live in the neighborhood in order to park on the street, since hospital workers were taking up all the street spaces in the nearly residential areas.

Good luck. It takes a special very organized sort of person to be able to move around so frequently. I always liked working with travel personnel.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:33 PM

9,842 posts, read 7,587,981 times
Yale NH have to pay to park and take a shuttle. Not sure the cost heard $100-$120 a month, not sure if the agency pay's it or not. If you live your living in New Haven the shuttle picks you up at some places, sweet deal.

For Bridgeport there is 3 parking garages: Student garage, visitor/staff garage, and ED Staff/Visitor garage. Think it is about $1.35 a day to park not too bad.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Yale NH have to pay to park and take a shuttle. Not sure the cost heard $100-$120 a month, not sure if the agency pay's it or not. If you live your living in New Haven the shuttle picks you up at some places, sweet deal.

For Bridgeport there is 3 parking garages: Student garage, visitor/staff garage, and ED Staff/Visitor garage. Think it is about $1.35 a day to park not too bad.

I heard that it was really high in New Haven and much less in Bridgeport. Thanks so much!

Old 11-03-2015, 11:59 AM

I have found a tentative rental near Welchs Point Park in the Milford area. Looks close to amenities in Milford according to Google. Would you recommend that area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut