Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 07:22 AM

814 posts, read 911,768 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone when I was looking into Ct one of my biggest concerns was employment for the wife and I. Wifes a store manager and national certified Cpht for Walgreens Pharmacies, I'm Audi Level One certified, ASE certified, and Vehicle Safety Inspection certified currently through the Virginia Department of State Police.

I was curious if anyone knew the work culture of either Porsche of Fairfield or Valenti Audi? I currently work for an Audi/VW/Porsche dealer where I reside and am on the Audi team but also do Volkswagen and some maintenance and inspection work on certain model Porsche, mostly the Panamera and Cayenne as they are similiar to the Audi Q7 and Volkswagen Toureg. We have a gold certified Porsche tech for the 911's.

Really curious on the turnover rates, volume of work flow, the happiness of the employees, and how long it takes to get certified in Connecticut to get vehicle safety inspection credentials.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 01:28 PM

21,769 posts, read 28,102,272 times
Porsche of Fairfield is owned by Penske, which is a big corporate chain of dealers. I go to Audi/Porsche of Wallingford by choice as it's family run and seem to be more reasonable/honest with maintenance charges. Their salespeople are also a whole lot more personable. The Fairfield dealership charges insane amounts for work. I also use an indie Audi/Porsche/VW mechanic sometimes.

I only used Fairfield for a Porsche that was still under warranty. Recently took my Audi there and they failed to diagnose a problem the indie figured out in minutes, and their quote for a major service was absurd (like $1300 for some fluids, filters, and spark plugs).

Old 11-01-2015, 01:54 PM

Thats what I assumed on the Penske Auto Group. With my wifes company buying out Rite Aid it may have opened opportunities up north.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:41 PM

21,769 posts, read 28,102,272 times
Also CT DMV does not have safety inspections. Probably should!

Old 11-01-2015, 06:22 PM

No safety or emissions?

Old 11-02-2015, 06:05 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,382,638 times
Danbury Porsche/Audi/VW covers all the bases on what you are used to working on.....and Josh Weeks is a stand up guy

Old 11-02-2015, 06:28 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,864 times
Porsche/Audi of Wallingford, not sure if you have to stay in FFC but there is a WG's literally a 1/2 mile down the road from the dealer and several others close by. Highway access is direct to 91 and very close to the parkway.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:37 PM

34,948 posts, read 56,970,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
No safety or emissions?
Emissions are checked at independent locations like car service centers. But there are no safety inspections required.

I cannot speak to the workplace of either of these dealerships but I will say there is a significant cost of living difference between Fairfield and Watertown. Fairfield is in a much pricier part of the state than Watertown plus it is also a lot more developed. If I remember correctly you want a more rural location and Watertown would more easily and less expensively allow that. Jay

Old 11-02-2015, 06:56 PM

Have to ask only as a curiosity but how is Audi Manhattan? I cant think of anything more pretentious then an Audi dealer right in the heart of NYC. I own a 2015 TDI Jetta but I do like the body styling of the 2007 A4's.

Entry into Porsche would be the Boxster, older models you can get cheap, could be good for SCCA autocross or track days maybe at Lime Rock?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut