Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 07:59 PM

31 posts, read 39,629 times

Advertisements

Ever think that the much less congested, less chaotic Danbury area wants no part of lower-FFC coming up there, regardless?

Otherwise they'd discover it's far and away the best part of the county. At a much lower cost of living, as well. One of the better parts of the state, in fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 08:12 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,934,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tax_tax_tax_tax View Post
Ever think that the much less congested, less chaotic Danbury area wants no part of lower-FFC coming up there, regardless?

Otherwise they'd discover it's far and away the best part of the county. At a much lower cost of living, as well. One of the better parts of the state, in fact.

Norwalk/Stamford area is more desirable than Danbury area

Old 11-30-2015, 08:39 PM

678 posts, read 847,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
Well and the Coastline is a lot nicer than Danbury to live in.
I disagree. Upper FFC is more pristine in my eyes than lower FFC. Perhaps the nice towns such as Darien or New Canaan are lovely and all, but, way too pricey for my tastes. Plus, the air just feels nicer in the Danbury area with the less congestion and traffic. Upper FFC has the best balance of NYC metro and New England, in my opinion.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:55 PM

31 posts, read 39,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Norwalk/Stamford area is more desirable than Danbury area
Is it?

If one considers living in an extremely congested area chock-full of some of the most self-centered people on the planet 'desirable' (not to mention that half a million dollars puts you at the extreme low-end of the housing market), then sure.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Is it?

If one considers living in an extremely congested area chock-full of some of the most self-centered people on the planet 'desirable' (not to mention that half a million dollars puts you at the extreme low-end of the housing market), then sure.
Lower FFC is most pefer it like competition who is better in the county

Old 12-01-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:

I-84 can get alot of traffic sometimes in danbury where people from upstate ny coming thorough to get northern new england

Old 12-01-2015, 07:40 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,180,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
I disagree. Upper FFC is more pristine in my eyes than lower FFC. Perhaps the nice towns such as Darien or New Canaan are lovely and all, but, way too pricey for my tastes. Plus, the air just feels nicer in the Danbury area with the less congestion and traffic. Upper FFC has the best balance of NYC metro and New England, in my opinion.
Future - That's terrific. Glad you enjoy it there. I lived in your town for over 3 years. Nice, but just felt too far out and disconnected for me personally, each his own.
Coastal towns (Darien,Westort,etc) and the cities (Stamford, Norwalk, Fairfield) above the Merritt and the 2nd tier towns (2nd tier meaning away from the coast, not 2nd tier in affluence) are all pretty similar in nature to upper county.

To the rest - Sorry, didn't mean for this to morph into a desirability debate. Highway access to Danbury is not a high priority in lower because we have plenty of shopping, amenities right here, and very few work in Danbury. Rt 7 in it's current state does the job for an occasional trip to the great things Danbury offers like the mall, the train museum, Rogers Park, the Ice Arena, and Richter Park - one of the best and most beautiful public golf courses in the state.
Lower FFld town Wilton and upper FFd town Ridgefield would fight and oppose highway expansion to death as they should. (and yes Wilton and Ridgefield are more desirable than Norwalk - ok happy now, you two?)

Old 12-01-2015, 07:51 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,180,209 times
Quote:
Is it?

Very true. Aint us humans great, we all have are personal preferences and opinions.
Some people love and enjoy where they live and prefer location over big gigantic houses, and some people the reverse, and some people just complain about taxes,snobbery, and have a lot of resentment - life's too short for that nonsense.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:58 AM

786 posts, read 824,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
Ha. Thats like saying I'll take a roast beef sandwich instead of a filet.
Saying Danbury > NC, Darien, Westport is a joke.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:24 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Please return to the topic of the OP which is traffic in Fairfield County. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut