Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 03:10 PM

14 posts, read 34,039 times

Advertisements

Looking to go for a long run tmw and would love to get outside (but not on the road). Anyone know of any parks or anything that offers a nice long loop/trail?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 07:25 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
Greatest part of the state to run. With Wally, rest in peace Sir, the void has been filled by Woodbridge Running Company and Roxbury Race Series. Add in Brookfield recreation which has a race series all year. Most of the trails are pretty mudded up right now. I say go to the HS to get a good trail run on. However, can start at the HS and get a good long run from there.

Roads still bit crowded with snow so bit off the beaten path. About 5 not the longest run in the world. I mean there are ways to make it longer. Anywho basically start from Longmeadow Hill Rd. to Signal Hill Rd. to Deerfield Rd. to left on River Ford Rd. left on Longmeadow Hill Rd. left on to Hop Brook Rd. right on to Signal Hill Rd. again. A left again on Longmeadow Hill Rd. Signal Hill Rd. does change over to Barkwood Hill Rd. at some point. If you enjoy hills it's a great run.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:46 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Williams Park in Brookfield.

Or Huntington State Park.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Greatest part of the state to run. With Wally, rest in peace Sir, the void has been filled by Woodbridge Running Company and Roxbury Race Series. Add in Brookfield recreation which has a race series all year. Most of the trails are pretty mudded up right now. I say go to the HS to get a good trail run on. However, can start at the HS and get a good long run from there.

Roads still bit crowded with snow so bit off the beaten path. About 5 not the longest run in the world. I mean there are ways to make it longer. Anywho basically start from Longmeadow Hill Rd. to Signal Hill Rd. to Deerfield Rd. to left on River Ford Rd. left on Longmeadow Hill Rd. left on to Hop Brook Rd. right on to Signal Hill Rd. again. A left again on Longmeadow Hill Rd. Signal Hill Rd. does change over to Barkwood Hill Rd. at some point. If you enjoy hills it's a great run.
They said they don't want roads. What trail are you talking about from the HS? The trail the XC kids run?

Old 02-21-2016, 11:09 AM

1,929 posts, read 2,039,711 times
If you're OK with trail running you could go into White Memorial in Litchfield. Lots of options to design your own run there. Or to the bridle trail in Southbury.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:32 PM

Trails will be a muddy mess. The connection with the park is near the back of the school near one of the football fields and tennis courts. The park has a parking lot after you pass the library you come to the fork. You stay to the right and right on your right is the turn into the lot.

Usually go up to Steep Rock in Washington or White Memorial in Litchfield for trail runs.

Last edited by RunD1987; 02-21-2016 at 01:49 PM..

Old 02-22-2016, 06:13 AM

14 posts, read 34,039 times
Thanks everyone!

Old 02-22-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Trails will be a muddy mess. The connection with the park is near the back of the school near one of the football fields and tennis courts. The park has a parking lot after you pass the library you come to the fork. You stay to the right and right on your right is the turn into the lot.

Usually go up to Steep Rock in Washington or White Memorial in Litchfield for trail runs.
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm very familiar with BHS. There's trails in the back of the baseball fields but they are hiking trails/not paved. What park are you talking about?

Old 02-22-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm very familiar with BHS. There's trails in the back of the baseball fields but they are hiking trails/not paved. What park are you talking about?
There trails nothing really paved. Only paved part of the park is the path down to the public tennis courts and the parking lot is paved. Really don't know the name terrible with names. You can go into farmland after getting through the woods and swamp area. Think the park leads into another trail never really explored further than that. I use to get a good 30 to 40 minute run out there.

I think it's Obtuse again terrible with names. Before the bridge there is another path and believe a small lot. Think out and back it's a 3 mike run.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
There trails nothing really paved. Only paved part of the park is the path down to the public tennis courts and the parking lot is paved. Really don't know the name terrible with names. You can go into farmland after getting through the woods and swamp area. Think the park leads into another trail never really explored further than that. I use to get a good 30 to 40 minute run out there.

I think it's Obtuse again terrible with names. Before the bridge there is another path and believe a small lot. Think out and back it's a 3 mike run.
The trail that leads to Obtuse Rd N is all wooded, not paved at all.

The farmland you're talking about must be Williams Park, which is also not paved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut