Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 11:51 PM

50 posts, read 185,229 times

Advertisements

I 'plan' to go and scout out CT in early summer for me, single mom and my 2 kids ages 14 & 10 B/G .

My heart wants to leave this miserable state of no mans land and call CT home.

What are the major Airports to fly to?

Thanks
S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 12:12 AM

164 posts, read 783,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsoncat View Post
I 'plan' to go and scout out CT in early summer for me, single mom and my 2 kids ages 14 & 10 B/G .

My heart wants to leave this miserable state of no mans land and call CT home.

What are the major Airports to fly to?

Thanks
S.
If you're looking to visit greater Fairfield County or the New Haven metro area, look at JFK, LGA or White Plains, NY. A bit further is Newark Liberty (EWR).

If you're visiting the New Haven, Hartford or eastern CT area, BDL is in Windsor Locks, about 20 minutes north of Hartford. For far eastern Connecticut, BDL or Providence are both close by.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:36 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,414,807 times
Smile Fun Trip Idea to CT From Long Island - Summer

A nice trip however would be to fly into new york stay in new york a couple days, rent a car, go out to Long island for a couple days, take the ferry over from long island to CT (They have a car ferry) and then go from there.

ferries

-jeff
Winchester, MA

Old 02-09-2008, 06:04 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,019,328 times
If flying into central CT Sam- which is what I think you expressed interest in earlier- BDL -Bradley International would be the place you fly into. If in far eastern CT TF Green in Providence or Bradley would do.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:30 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,001,555 times
Bradley. It's central to the region.

Bradley International Airport

Old 02-09-2008, 06:46 AM

394 posts, read 2,002,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2000 View Post
If you're looking to visit greater Fairfield County or the New Haven metro area, look at JFK, LGA or White Plains, NY. A bit further is Newark Liberty (EWR).

If you're visiting the New Haven, Hartford or eastern CT area, BDL is in Windsor Locks, about 20 minutes north of Hartford. For far eastern Connecticut, BDL or Providence are both close by.
I agree. It would depend on what area of Ct. you plan to "scout". Westchester/White Plains NY is closest to SW Ct.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:55 AM

2,102 posts, read 7,756,264 times
As you can see, there are several airports. Check the airlines for flight schedules and the best prices!

Old 02-09-2008, 03:10 PM

639 posts, read 2,710,736 times
When I fly back to Connecticut I generally prefer to fly into Bradley, however lately I have been flying jetBlue and that has caused me to only fly into Boston or JFK. Generally people in Connecticut have a lot of choices when it comes to airports. If you don't mind driving 2-3 hours the choices are endless.

BDL (Hartford)
PVD (Providence)
BOS (Boston)
HVN (New Haven, limited but US Airways does fly there)
MHT (Manchester, NH)
SWF (Stewart, NY)
HPN (Westchester County, NY)
EWR (Newark, easy access with Amtrak or NJ Transit-Metro North)
JFK (Easy access with Amtrak or Long Island Railway-Metro North)
LGA (Laguardia)
ALB (Albany, NY. Not bad if you need a chaper flight for Central Connecticut)
ISP (Long Island. Not bad if you take Long Island Railway and don't mind the extra travel time)

Old 02-10-2008, 01:29 AM

26 posts, read 129,542 times
Depending on where you're coming from Airtran has low fares into White Plains, NY (HPN). Nice small airport, easy in and out. From there it's 30 minutes to Danbury, north on 684 to 84 east.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 AM

34,918 posts, read 56,910,251 times
I find Bradley International (a.k.a. Hartford-Springfield) is very easy to get in and out of. Tweed-New Haven has very limited service. White Plains and Providence are a bit of a distance from the heart of the State. Another option that is becoming popular for people in the western part of the state is Stewart Airport. I know peopel that have gotten some good deals going there. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut