Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 06:44 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,413,020 times

Advertisements

Heres a few recent pics from Norwalk,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 11:36 AM

105 posts, read 356,397 times
Awesome pics. I'll be in CT tomorrow to check out a few places. I'm also going to take time to sightsee.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:37 AM

26 posts, read 221,345 times
Default More Norwalk

Pictures around the Silvermine Tavern in Norwalk...
Attached Thumbnails
Photo & Video Thread-01-silvermine-tavern.jpg   Photo & Video Thread-02-silvermine-tavern.jpg  

Old 06-01-2008, 06:23 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,413,020 times
Visited two forts today, One on each side of the Thames river. Ft Griswold in Groton & Ft Trumbul in New London.

Ft Griswold was the site of a massacre of surrendered colonists. The Colonial commander actually cerimoniously capitulated, handing the British officer his sword. The guy took it & killed the commander. Its a pretty interesting little bit of stuff went on there. After they massacred the garrison they burned Groton & New London.

This aint real.

This is,

Dont ask, I'm not sure & he wouldn't say. :lol:

Those were Griswold, there is a memorial tower built in the 1800's & a museum type thing. Thats these,

Shootin irons,

Sewing stuff.

These next are fort Trumbul. Its a newer fortification used into the 20th century. Its named after the Governor during the revolution. Governor Trumbul was the ONLY colonial governor in office that was elected by the people, rather than appointed by the king. He was also the only colonial Governor to side with the rebels. Its easy to be proud of NE & CT in particular.

Anyway, heres the pics.

A pic of Fort Griswold across the Thames.

We were going to go inside but filling the car cost me $70 & left me with $2 cash. It was $14 for all of us to get in & they dont do ATM's. I was wore out anyway.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:18 PM

103 posts, read 620,635 times
Wow! These are wonderful photos!

Old 06-04-2008, 03:32 PM

428 posts, read 1,174,094 times
I agree with ME-Evergreen, Great Ft. Trumbull pics!

Old 07-25-2008, 05:22 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times
To add some life to the thread:

This is Limerock Raceway park during a private track rental for a Lotus meet my old business was part of.

Limerock is one of the most beautiful race tracks in the nation. It's regularly called "The Victorian Lady Of Racetracks". If you ever get a chance, check it out.

They let you into the infield as well to watch the races and unlike smashcar you can actually walk around the pit area, see the cars and enjoy yourself. You are not confined to a stadium seat next to a drunk redneck.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 AM

527 posts, read 1,281,756 times
Hello everyone!! I'm new here, but I thought I might post some pics here as well. I am totally an amateur photographer, but anyway, here are some pics of Milford:

[IMG=http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6247/tornado4wf8.jpg]

Tornado dissipating.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5627/tornado5tg8.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Smallville; 08-11-2008 at 01:46 AM.. Reason: Pics got messed up

Old 08-28-2008, 07:49 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,768 times
Hi all. I have never been over here to the CT forum. But I must say I am certainly glad I did pop over here tonight. These photos are all amazing. CT is beautiful.

That lobster was the biggest one I have seen!!!

The amusement park looked kinda spooky. I didnt see any fog in any other picture, so....

njguy the video you posted was amazing!! The music couldnt be more fitting. NE is just gorgeous.

Hi Sky.

I see Country posts here too. She is our Country Angel on the NH forum.

Have a great night everyone.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,197,347 times
Talking Hello SUZETTE! :0) LOL! :0) THANK YOU MY FRIEND!:0)

SUZETTE I am glad that you found your way

over here!YES, CT is truly a BEAUTIFUL place!

And "NJGUY'S" video is realy COOL as well!The pictures here are

so BEAUTIUFL!I LOVE CT! I was actually CONCEIVED in CT!LOL!

Thank you so much for your KIND words!That was very NICE of YOU!

THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE POSTED HERE!

GREAT PICS!

Take care everyone!

HAPPY Wednesday EVERYONE in the BEAUTIFUL STATE of CT!

GREETINGS TO SKYTREKKER!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Hi all. I have never been over here to the CT forum. But I must say I am certainly glad I did pop over here tonight. These photos are all amazing. CT is beautiful.

That lobster was the biggest one I have seen!!!

The amusement park looked kinda spooky. I didnt see any fog in any other picture, so....

njguy the video you posted was amazing!! The music couldnt be more fitting. NE is just gorgeous.

Hi Sky.

I see Country posts here too. She is our Country Angel on the NH forum.

Have a great night everyone.

Last edited by countrylv22; 09-02-2008 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0) ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY!:0) PAY IT FORWARD!:0) PEACE! :0)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut