Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 12:22 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I don't think the thread is upsetting to anyone. What happened was terrible, but you asked a completely legitimate question that I'm sure realtors have to answer very often. Anyhow, it's a great town and if there is any silver lining, it's that people in town have changed for the better. People there are very compassionate now - I've experienced it firsthand and noticed the difference. That's the type of environment I think is needed everywhere.

x1000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 12:37 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,087,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I don't think the thread is upsetting to anyone. What happened was terrible, but you asked a completely legitimate question that I'm sure realtors have to answer very often. Anyhow, it's a great town and if there is any silver lining, it's that people in town have changed for the better. People there are very compassionate now - I've experienced it firsthand and noticed the difference. That's the type of environment I think is needed everywhere.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:50 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,179,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender_blue View Post
Thanks, Raider. I would not say our realtor is town-specific. She's based in another town, actually, that we are considering as well as Newtown.

Any thoughts as to why the Newtown market is hurting right now. Interesting that you had trouble prior to the events there. Can you describe your house a little further? Age, square footage, bed/baths, etc? Thanks.
Not a favorable location more so than the incident, at least from the southern commute standpoint. Most looking for larger homes or affordability stop at Trumbull/Monroe, Newtown starts to get a little far out there.

Big giant colonial on three acres (way too much house and maintenence, and waaay too far out there for me personally)

Old 03-01-2016, 01:02 PM

678 posts, read 846,954 times
Newtown isn't meant to be your commute to Stamford. It's best for Danbury, Shelton, Fairfield, etc. You can go as far as Somers, West Hartford, New Haven, or Norwalk in 45 mins guaranteed.

To be honest, that's the charm of Upper FFC. You're in FFC without the congestion and filth that surrounds I-95 from BPT to Stamford.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:34 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,179,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTown View Post
Newtown isn't meant to be your commute to Stamford. It's best for Danbury, Shelton, Fairfield, etc. You can go as far as Somers, West Hartford, New Haven, or Norwalk in 45 mins guaranteed.

To be honest, that's the charm of Upper FFC. You're in FFC without the congestion and filth that surrounds I-95 from BPT to Stamford.
Hey, that's not nice, I live pretty close to I95, are you saying my house is filth?

Old 03-01-2016, 03:00 PM

678 posts, read 846,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
Hey, that's not nice, I live pretty close to I95, are you saying my house is filth?
Haha, no. I'm just bitter about my commute from Newtown to Stamford

If you live in the Botsford side of Newtown, it's manageable. I've done it in 40 mins from Exit 7 Stamford to Newtown/Monroe town border. Can't attest to how fast I was driving, though

Old 03-04-2016, 09:01 PM

121 posts, read 125,914 times
Have to update this thread to say I was in Newtown today, looking at a home. Stopped in a deli after to get something to eat and the counter guy was cleaning up. He actually asked me if the vacuum cleaner would be too loud/disturbing and suggested I could move to a different table. I was pretty impressed with that, and it's a first. Maybe you all are right about the compassion thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut