Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 09:53 AM

3,350 posts, read 4,167,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldusMagnus View Post
If that helps you sleep better at night so be it. I always find it fascinating the people who think they win a debate with "Period. Full stop. Move along." LOL That sure proved your point. And clearly you KNOW the primary reason wasn't taxes bc well, you just do--in the face of all the evidence to the contrary. I eagerly anticipate your next anger filled response.
:roll eyes:

Maybe you can argue with Immelt next, because here is his own words which I'm sure we will all hear in the next few 'deny reality' responses is not "proof" of anything.

Here you go: http://c3.nrostatic.com/sites/defaul...eff-immelt.jpg
Sorry to repeat repeat myself but GE moved to Massachusetts, one of just a handful of states with the very combined reporting that Jeff was espousing as the basis for the relocation.

Anger filled. Don't make me fall off my chair as no one here is showing more vitriol than "Ronald".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 10:02 AM

21,619 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
Sorry to repeat repeat myself but GE moved to Massachusetts, one of just a handful of states with the very combined reporting that Jeff was espousing as the basis for the relocation.

Anger filled. Don't make me fall off my chair as no one here is showing more vitriol than "Ronald".
Posters such as this who suffer from confirmation bias will use any means necessary to get their point across, even if it means purposely, albeit subtly, altering their "factual" opinion after repeatedly proven false. I love it.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:03 AM

789 posts, read 702,741 times
Quote:

Your definition of "vitriol" is peculiar and seems to be based on a person presenting facts directly in opposition to your belief. Which in fact is not vitriol.

Clearly the letter outlined more than combined reporting and goes to the larger business trend in the state. But repeatedly you are refuting the reasons given from the horses mouth so there is nothing that will convince you otherwise. You would probably debate Immelt to his face on his own reasons at this point.

More data on the business climate factors cited by GE:

http://c1.nrostatic.com/sites/defaul...ct%20Sheet.pdf

Old 03-02-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Posters such as this who suffer from confirmation bias will use any means necessary to get their point across, even if it means purposely, albeit subtly, altering their "factual" opinion after repeatedly proven false. I love it.
From the words have no meaning contingent:

Confirmation bias: Using a CEO's own words is proof of nothing.

Fact: We will come up with our own reasons based on conjecture even if those reasons run directly counter to the reasons given by the company itself.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
From the words have no meaning contingent:

Confirmation bias: Using a CEO's own words is proof of nothing.

Fact: We will come up with our own reasons based on conjecture even if those reasons run directly counter to the reasons given by the company itself.
You should probably learn the difference between fact and opinion for future reference.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
You should probably learn the difference between fact and opinion for future reference.
Facts that I started input in thread with were: GE paid $6.5B in total income taxes last year.

Facts that continued to be put forth are the words from GE's own CEO and articles based on those words and analysis of such.

Opinion: The Malloy "spin" contingent who buy into the face saving "other factors beyond our control" argument.

Sad observation: Certain people who refuse to believe the obvious.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Facts that I started input in thread with were: GE paid $6.5B in total income taxes last year.

Facts that continued to be put forth are the words from GE's own CEO and articles based on those words and analysis of such.

Opinion: The Malloy "spin" contingent who buy into the face saving "other factors beyond our control" argument.

Nobody is disputing what GE said. What people are disputing are whether or not it was the truth. Other examples can prove that they, in fact, were not the truth. Dig a bit deeper than the surface. It's far from the obvious. I get its hard for people who have made up their minds (and, who have an agenda) to do.

But you can continue eating from their spoon. I hope it's good.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:21 AM

3,350 posts, read 4,167,368 times
Quote:

FWIW--- I despise Gov. Malloy. You won't see any spin from me around our asinine governor.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
FWIW--- I despise Gov. Malloy. You won't see any spin from me around our asinine governor.
As do I. But, y'know how it goes - when you disagree with someone, they slap a label on you.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Nobody is disputing what GE said. What people are disputing are whether or not it was the truth. Other examples can prove that they, in fact, were not the truth. Dig a bit deeper than the surface. It's far from the obvious. I get its hard for people who have made up their minds (and, who have an agenda) to do.

But you can continue eating from their spoon. I hope it's good.
CEO tells CT that your tax policy is hurting us and causing us to look for options elsewhere. Conspiracy contingent: "If you believe that your eating from GE's spoon." Because clearly tax policy isn't a gargantuan corporate planning consideration and the huge tax incentives floated by MA were just window dressing, they didn't mean anything either.

Lemme ask. Is the following fact or "eating from some spoon"?: CT is at or near the bottom on various business environment factors. And if the answer is yes, then what is the natural result of that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut