Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 12:52 PM

588 posts, read 1,319,920 times

Advertisements

Greenwich Hospital is known for the maternity dept - it's amazing. However, if you're living in Westport, that's could be a gamble making it down to Greenwich while in labor. If there's traffic on 95, that would be a nightmare. You should speak to your OB, but I'd guess she'd want you to go to the hospital she's affiliated with...

Does Westport not have a hospital??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 01:03 PM

785 posts, read 823,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax12479 View Post
Greenwich Hospital is known for the maternity dept - it's amazing. However, if you're living in Westport, that's could be a gamble making it down to Greenwich while in labor. If there's traffic on 95, that would be a nightmare. You should speak to your OB, but I'd guess she'd want you to go to the hospital she's affiliated with...

Does Westport not have a hospital??
Its like 20-25 min from Westport. Should be fine.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:31 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerisgood02 View Post
Its like 20-25 min from Westport. Should be fine.
Depends on the timing. 20-25 min during rush hour is not likely.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:22 PM

723 posts, read 1,004,177 times
Smile Greenwich Hospital is our choice if time allows

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalex29 View Post
We have switched OB/GYN practices from Manhattan to Westport, CT. My new OB is very good with 30 years experience and she delivers at Norwalk Hospital. I have heard some not so great things about Norwalk Hospital (though my sister had a good experience there 16 years ago). Heard Greenwich is best? I'm a bit worried about things because I'm of advanced maternal age and was happy with New York Presbyterian where my former OB works, but due to family illness I need to be in CT for the coming months.

Thank you for any input anyone can offer!
We have lived between all three area hospitals. We always have said if I am concious and can decide I am going to Greenwich! This is after having all of our children at Greenwich Hospital; two of whom were emergency situations; all turned out great thanks to the great staff and resources. It is true that the night before you go home they give you the Steak and/or Lobster dinner with Champagne (back in the day) not sure if Champagne is still included? At the old Greenwich Hospital they actually had a VIP room that all the celebrity's stayed in after giving birth that had a great view of the water. I heard that many celebrities had stayed there like: Glen Close, Diana Ross, Mel Gibson's wife and many others. I think that many of the hospital's have been greatly improved over the past 20 years. I will say that not long ago i had to bring one of my kids to the emergency room; we briefly tried the ER part of Stamford Hospital up on Strawberry Hill and it was fairly crowded and after 30 minutes they hadn't even taken our paperwork so we left and went straight to Greenwich ER and boom taken care of immediately. Maybe got lucky or maybe just run better?

Old 03-08-2016, 02:47 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,621,505 times
[quote=SailCT;43287067]We have lived between all three area hospitals. We always have said if I am concious and can decide I am going to Greenwich! This is after having all of our children at Greenwich Hospital; two of whom were emergency situations; all turned out great thanks to the great staff and resources. It is true that the night before you go home they give you the Steak and/or Lobster dinner with Champagne (back in the day) not sure if Champagne is still included? At the old Greenwich Hospital they actually had a VIP room that all the celebrity's stayed in after giving birth that had a great view of the water. I heard that many celebrities had stayed there like: Glen Close, Diana Ross, Mel Gibson's wife and many others. I think that many of the hospital's have been greatly improved over the past 20 years. I will say that not long ago i had to bring one of my kids to the emergency room; we briefly tried the ER part of Stamford Hospital up on Strawberry Hill and it was fairly crowded and after 30 minutes they hadn't even taken our paperwork so we left and went straight to Greenwich ER and boom taken care of immediately. Maybe got lucky or maybe just run better?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You got lucky. Some nights are busy; some aren't. And the staff has to prioritize.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:13 PM

1,929 posts, read 2,037,963 times
I have heard great things about Greenwich and know a couple of people who had good recent experiences at Norwalk. Norwalk is now owned by Western CT Health aka Danbury Hospital. I had my kid at Danbury and had a great experience there.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:16 AM

12 posts, read 11,027 times
We had our daughter at Norwalk Hospital almost 6 years ago and it was great. The hospital staff was incredibly nice, the rooms were big and the food wasn't bad either. We now live in Brooklyn and had our younger daughter at NYP Weill Cornell last year...ugh, what a difference. It only reinforced my opinion that Norwalk was a really good hospital and I was wishing I could be back there. I know Greenwich is great too but just wanted to share my very positive experience at Norwalk Hospital.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:05 AM

258 posts, read 456,596 times
How is Bridgeport Hospital? This information is good to know even though kids probably won't be entering the picture for another year or two. That's the hospital closest to us, but is it worth going to Norwalk instead?

Old 03-11-2016, 12:10 PM

52 posts, read 73,521 times
If you need a new OBGYN that is excellent and affliated with Greenwich Hospital let me know

Old 03-11-2016, 03:18 PM

15 posts, read 24,365 times
Thank you all-- such great help! Boots - wow- you liked Norwalk a lot better than Weil Cornell, huh? Hearing all this makes me more comfortable with Norwalk.
I don't know anything about Bridgeport Hospital. I do have the highest regards of St. Vincent's in Bridgeport, as the heart surgeons there saved my mother's life, but I don't know anything about their L&D unit.

Fairfield- would love an OBGYN affiliated with Greenwich Hospital. I am pretty sure I will stick with mine, but you never know. Many thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut