Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2016, 09:14 PM

660 posts, read 656,437 times

Advertisements

First, thanks to all the posters who guided me on my search. It is official: I am attending Syracuse University. I did not bother to apply Iowa State or the University of Minnesota. In the end, I thought that paying the extra for Syracuse University was better. Financial aid at 'Cuse brings down the cost by a couple thousand, but the extra cost for tuition is worth it in my opinion.

At 'Cuse, I will be able to run on their cross country track and field team. Unfortunately track and field and cross country do not give out scholarships like football and basketball. Syracuse is also an overall better school. While Iowa State and Minnesota Twin Cities may be on the same par as 'Cuse, 'Cuse's reputation is lightning years above Iowa State or Minnesota.

'Cuse has the best campus. 'Cuse has a pizza place, Chipotle, and some independent restaurants I never heard of on their campus. The lack of fast food restaurants in Downtown Syracuse surprised me though. The architecture at Syracuse is nice also. The campus at 'Cuse in my opinion is just as nice as you would find at Yale or Princeton. The only ugly building on campus is the Carrier Dome. But the interior of the Carrier Dome is one of the most exciting college sports arenas in the country. Maybe not like the stadium at Oregon or 'Bama but still exciting.

In the end, paying the extra $$ for 'Cuse seems worth it. Plus out of state tuition is increasing by like $3500 a year at the University at Minnesota. And I looked on indeed.com and if I enjoy Syracuse during my 4 years there, maybe I will settle in Syracuse.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:58 PM

21,626 posts, read 27,921,884 times
Closing as this is irrelevant to the Connecticut forum.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut