Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 11:39 AM

11 posts, read 11,419 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the responses. Are the prices in Southport Woods higher because of the location? It seems well maintained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 03:10 PM

34,932 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
We have good friends who live in Southport Woods, nice complex in a better location. They have a great pool, clubhouse, paddle tennis courts,etc. Prices are right around $400K give or take.
Whether Southport Woods is a better location is debatable. There actually are two Southport Woods complexes, one on Mill Hill Road and Bronson Road and the other on Kings highway West. Both are located in Southport which is the most affluent part of Fairfield but the two complexes are very close to I-95. The Mill Hill one is on I-95 and close to the train tracks as well. Outside noise can be an issue there. Southport Woods, Dogwood Green and Quincy were built by the same developer, just at different times. Southport Woods is older but I like the architecture better than Dogwood and Quincy. Still inside of all of them are very nice so I prefer the location of Dogwood better. JMHO, Jay

Old 03-31-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardi92 View Post
Thanks for the responses. Are the prices in Southport Woods higher because of the location? It seems well maintained.
Yes. But they all are very well maintained. I think the brick used at Southport Woods though stands up better than the wood used at the others (Dogwood, Quincy). Inside though they are similar since they were built by the same builder. Jay

Old 05-18-2016, 06:45 PM

So, I've started looking at my condo options in Fairfield and one I thought looked nice was the Woodfield Village condos that are down the road from Dogwood Green. They are more expensive and would push me a little over my budget. My question is, what do you know about these condos? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:30 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,348,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Not Fairfield per se, but doesn't Trumbull have a 55+ condo complex? Think reasonably priced.
I live in Trumbull and we do have 55+ condos in the OP's range. I didn't mention it because the OP asked about Fairfield. There are 55+ condos in a great location right across the street from the Town Hall area. There is the Town Hall, library, Stop & Shop grocery store banks, a few eateries and gas station etc. I live in the area and I can attest it is a great location. There are also the Town Common condos right near the Town Hall too. Although the Town Common condos are not technically 55+ there are many seniors who live there. The bus also will pick you up right in the Town Hall area and goes to the mall too. It really is a great location for seniors.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:36 PM

I'm open to Trumbull but I have mixed feelings on the 55 plus condos. First of all, most 50 somethings I know are still working and living their lives wherever. The residents of these places seem to be much older and while my mother is at that age, she enjoys living around people of various ages. Yes, we want the community to have a decent number of seniors but a good mix of people is our preference.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:20 PM

138 posts, read 116,288 times
If this is an attraction/deterrent, some of the 55+ communities in Trumbull have children. Maybe all of them but I can't remember how many there are.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:33 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,348,545 times
Quote:
I'm open to Trumbull but I have mixed feelings on the 55 plus condos. First of all, most 50 somethings I know are still working and living their lives wherever. The residents of these places seem to be much older and while my mother is at that age, she enjoys living around people of various ages. Yes, we want the community to have a decent number of seniors but a good mix of people is our preference.
I know what you mean. These condos are stand alone separate little houses and since they are right across the street from business. They are surrounded by houses with many young children it has a different feel than what you would normally think of a 55+ community. Both condos are on my walking route and I see and talk to many of the residents in both condos. The 55+ senior stand alone condos don't seem like the residents are very old. The Town Commons has a nice mix of individuals and has a pool and Tennis Courts. If didn't want to be in a beach town and near an art center in retirement my husband and I would move into the Town Common condos and stay in Trumbull.

You know what is nice too. We have musicals concerts on our little town green in the summer and everyone in this area walks to the concerts so we have a nice feeling of community with young and old.

We also have 55+ condos up near Marisa's restaurant but they do feel more isolated with just older people in and about. You would have to take a ride up and see the condos near the Town Hall for yourself. I would also recommend (if possible) going to one of the musical concerts on Tuesday nights to get a feel for the community in this area.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:36 AM

Thanks for the Trumbull info. I'll check them out next time I'm up there.

Anyone have any info on the Woodfield condos in the Stratfield area?

Old 05-19-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
So, I've started looking at my condo options in Fairfield and one I thought looked nice was the Woodfield Village condos that are down the road from Dogwood Green. They are more expensive and would push me a little over my budget. My question is, what do you know about these condos? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.
Woodfield is nice. Might be a good option. I don't know anyone that lives there though. I know someone that was considering moving there but thought the association charges were high. They ended up staying in their home. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: