Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 03:31 PM

18 posts, read 19,420 times

Advertisements

More misinformation. Route 1 alone has plenty of chain restaurants in the referenced area: Bertuccis, Joes, Moes SW Grill, Chipotle...just to name a few. Lots of chains in downtown Stamford, especially near the mall. Nevermind the plethora of McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, Wendy's, etc that are on virtually every major strip. People really should read over their posts before hitting 'submit'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
It's painfully obvious you are not familiar with the restaurant scene in FFC, particularly along the shoreline from Greenwich to Fairfield. Hands down the best independent dining in the state (no national chains).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 03:33 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,179,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Like I said Bridgeport and Ridgefield are the deepest I'll go into FFC. Unless for work I'll avoid it. It's just too crowded, overly expensive, and not many attractions. I mean I give it a whirl if any good hiking trails to check out.
Nah, stay up there with the needles, litter, and potholes.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:42 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerisgood02 View Post
Cmon now.. is this real?
It's true 28 year's in CT I been to Wilton once to the high school. Ridgefield several times friend family member owns a restaurant out there and years ago family used to live out there during the 70s they like driving by their old place. Fairfield twice once for a race and to catch the train. Norwalk three times twice to the aquarium and once for work. Greenwich once, but only the train station to change trains. Been to Stamford train station got lost trying to go to New Haven for a train to New York; coming from different part of CT think my first time on I95
Been to Redding, Newtown, Brookfield, and Danbury the most. Been to Monroe once. Once went to a store in Trumbull.

Last year was the first time started going to Bridgeport on a regular basis. Last year also was the first time went to Milford, ha.

Use to drive through New Fairfield and Sherman, but never explowed those areas.

Outside of all those towns/cities haven't been anywhere else in FFC. Graneed though I been everywhere in Litchfield County, Naugatuck, Waterbury, Middlebury, Southbury, New Britain, Bristol, Southington, Prospect, and Cheshire on a regular basis.

Occasionally visit New London, Middletown, Niantic, Madison, Stonington, Norwich, Wallingford (Favorite CT Town), and North Haven. I travel to New Haven sporadically for work, but only been down for work too crowded. Think once ran a race in New London.

Haven't explored Hartford County or Northeastern CT. I only been to Manchester/Glastonbury once liked Manchester (Have to go back up again .) Only been to UCONN once and Willimantic twice.

Last edited by RunD1987; 04-14-2016 at 03:54 PM..

Old 04-14-2016, 03:42 PM

854 posts, read 1,241,433 times

Old 04-14-2016, 03:53 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,179,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarker3839 View Post
More misinformation. Route 1 alone has plenty of chain restaurants in the referenced area: Bertuccis, Joes, Moes SW Grill, Chipotle...just to name a few. Lots of chains in downtown Stamford, especially near the mall. Nevermind the plethora of McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, Wendy's, etc that are on virtually every major strip. People really should read over their posts before hitting 'submit'.
Ok, whatever you say Bob. Have me arrested.
I was referring to national chains ala Applebees, Chiles,etc. Fast food is everywhere.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:58 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It can go both ways. There is an obvious anti-CT group on this forum, as well as people who are so overwhelmingly pro-CT - both sometimes get in the way of being rational IMO.

While the quality of life in CT is very high for families, as a young 20, 30-something, I'd encourage you to experience other places. There are so many amazing cities in this country with an equally (or greater, depending on the person) high quality of life. San Diego, Denver, Seattle, DC, etc. Go explore.

Yes!! Nothing wrong with a young person exploring. Doesn't mean CT is hell on earth to say "Hey I think there might be places with a similarly good quality of life out there."

I've also never waited 2 hours for a table on a weeknight. Highly doubt I've ever waited one hour on a weeknight. The beauty of a dense area is if a restaurant is full... you can go to the one next door, across the street, down the block, next to your apartment, etc. No one needs to wait, especially for a mediocre place. Cmon now.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:37 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
How would you know?
yes, please keep avoiding it.
Ridgefield is pretty deep into Fairfield County.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:04 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post

Yes!! Nothing wrong with a young person exploring. Doesn't mean CT is hell on earth to say "Hey I think there might be places with a similarly good quality of life out there."

I've also never waited 2 hours for a table on a weeknight. Highly doubt I've ever waited one hour on a weeknight. The beauty of a dense area is if a restaurant is full... you can go to the one next door, across the street, down the block, next to your apartment, etc. No one needs to wait, especially for a mediocre place. Cmon now.
I agree, this board is full of extremes. Those who complain, and those who will try and convince you never to leave because of the one person they knew that went somewhere and didnt have a good time. CT is great for some and for others its tough, just the way it is.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:34 AM

34,926 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I have lived in LA, CLT and spent time on Long Island for work. Never have I waited 2 hours (or even 20 minutes) for a table to eat on a weeknight in the most popular parts of the city. I'm in LA right now visiting family and have yet to pay over $6 for a beer (and that was craft beer, too). These claims are very much exaggerations IMO.
I am going by what I have been told by this young person who moved to Boston. I would say they are exaggerating but have seen this first hand in my travels to New York and LA. In LA we went to a West Hollywood restaurant on weeknight, was told the wait was 45 minutes but did not get seated for over 90 minutes. And this was not the latest trendy restaurant either. I have had the same thing happen in Manhattan, Brooklyn and northern New Jersey several times. As for the cost of beer, again it does get pricey at some nicer restaurants. You may pay $6 for one but add on a couple of bucks for a tip and taxes and tell me how much it is. Jay

Old 04-15-2016, 07:38 AM

34,926 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarker3839 View Post
Do you really expect anything different? In the brief amount of time I've been reading this board, I've yet to see more obviously biased, painfully slanted posts. That's saying a lot, considering it's CD. Sure, we're all entitled to our opinion...but given that this forum is primarily used by those considering relocations, posts like these are downright lies and serve only to misinform.
I am sure you are referencing me in this but you have to understand something, we have so many posters who post nothing but negative posts that I do not need to be critical of our state. They present an even more slanted view of our state than I do. The pendulum swings both ways you know. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut