Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 09:27 AM

720 posts, read 916,614 times

Advertisements

Stay in West Hartford if you can, the commute won't kill you. It's not that bad. I commute that way everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 10:32 AM

503 posts, read 528,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
I wouldn't doubt it. Anything new we do here they end up copying.

I like downtown Manchester just fine. Seems every time I'm down there something new opens that's made the whole scene funky and fun. In a way I feel it gets overlooked by many people since they always equate the town with the mall and shopping, and that's it. Personally, I think there's plenty around there to keep young people entertained. Might not be a wine bar there, but they have Cavey's. Friend of mine went there w/BF on their anniversary and told me she loved it.
I've only eaten at the Cavey's upstairs italian restaurant but it has been great, on par with carbone's or whatever "best italian" you can think of. I haven't thought to spend any time in their lounge but I probably should. It's easily the classiest place you could have some wine or a cocktail in Manchester. Someone has been playing piano in there every time I've been.

About Glastonbury copying West Hartford, I don't mind that at all! I hope it turns into a carbon copy with somewhat less population and pretentiousness. I'll probably be buying a home there if I stay in CT long-term.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:23 PM

53 posts, read 42,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodieterp View Post
Hi Everyone!
I'm moving to Hartford County this summer for work(recent grad) and I'm having a hard time deciding where to live. I've lived in Manchester and also Hartford (near Trinity College) before. Manchester was nicer but boring and I didn't have a car at the time so it was difficult to go anywhere. Hartford on the other hand is conveniently located in the center of things and there's more to do. However, Hartford is more expensive whereas the apartments in Manchester are more affordable. I'll be in the area at the end of April to look at apartments. My budget is $1000 (including all utilities) and I'm willing to find a roommate(although this has been difficult)

I'll be working in East Hartford.
If your traveling to East-Hartford from Hartford you can always take the Transit to save on gas. Just be aware of your surroundings, especially at night.

Find Connecticut Apartment Rentals and House Rentals | Rent.comĀ®

Old 04-21-2016, 01:13 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,448,090 times
I agree stay in Manchester near Main street based on what you describe. I commute thru Hartford every day, it gets old.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:30 PM

3 posts, read 3,513 times
Wow look at all these responses. Thanks so much! I just now got an email notification that I have new replies. Wasn't ignoring you guys. Thanks so much, helpful stuff!
I talked to a mentor and we went over our budget, and they told me it's safe to keep rent low and and not get a fancy place so I'll actually have money to go have fun. So I'll probably be in the manchester. Thank you so much!

Old 05-29-2016, 05:09 PM

3 posts, read 3,513 times
edit. Decided to settle in Hartford!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut