Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 12:49 PM

66 posts, read 139,264 times

Advertisements

Hi. Hate to rant but I am soooo aggravated. If you work for this "company" I apologize. Yesterday we, once again, had issues and they are not resolved, with Comcast. We have had issues since installation, have had service calls, etc. No relief. This time our tv's (3) are stuck on a channel (cannot switch to another station on any), and no amount of rebooting and unplugging has helped. Our phone cuts out. Our Internet is turtle speed.

I finally called this morning after spending hours trying to fix it. Guess when they will send a tech? Friday! The explanations they offer for our issues are.laughable. I told the rep that I was posting on every available social media site there is and telling everyone I know about this, and those people would tell friends and so on. I also filed a complaint with the fcc.

Sorry for the rant but I wanted to see if anyone likes Frontier now that they have supposedly gotten better. I know they all stink but is it worth taking a chance?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 01:07 PM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Post on their FB page. You will actually get better service. I've found this true for Comcast and Target, and someone recently mentioned another company this worked for.

And yes, they absolutely stink. Not sure anyone else is better. I got an antenna recently and will need to go through the painful act of dropping TV and modifying my internet.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:12 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,030,601 times
Besides charging too much, it works pretty good for me.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:40 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Also ask that they prorate your bill to give you credit for the days of poor service. And see what deals they might be willing to offer to ease your rage. DW always gets something from our cable provider when we have issues like this, only we have Cox. Jay

Old 04-19-2016, 02:57 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,419,778 times
The whole industry sucks, just like airlines. COX was by far the worst I've ever experienced. Switched to direct tv for a few years. Then they were charging us 130/mnt (just for tv services!).

We cancelled directTV and got subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon prime. Cost...35/month. Save almost 100 bucks. Well, almost with Amazon prime I HAD to subscribe to monthly red bull deliveries, but now that's basically free Welcome to the new age.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:21 PM

468 posts, read 523,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
The whole industry sucks, just like airlines. COX was by far the worst I've ever experienced. Switched to direct tv for a few years. Then they were charging us 130/mnt (just for tv services!).

We cancelled directTV and got subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon prime. Cost...35/month. Save almost 100 bucks. Well, almost with Amazon prime I HAD to subscribe to monthly red bull deliveries, but now that's basically free Welcome to the new age.
Definitely consider getting rid of cable. There's a reddit site devoted to it

https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters

After getting Hulu and Netflix (I already had Amazon Prime), I'm saving more than $100/month. There's more TV to watch, and we watch more "mindfully". For some shows, we have to buy a season on Amazon, but we're still saving a lot of money.

Old 04-19-2016, 06:33 PM

66 posts, read 139,264 times
Thanks for the info. Have gotten this out on social media today. Especially since I can't watch tv. Working on new service tomorrow. Just so fustrated about the constant problems.

Usually manage to get some type of compensation but this time I don't even think I want too. They would have to really compensate for us to consider staying.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:29 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,178,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGMOM View Post
Hi. Hate to rant but I am soooo aggravated. If you work for this "company" I apologize. Yesterday we, once again, had issues and they are not resolved, with Comcast. We have had issues since installation, have had service calls, etc. No relief. This time our tv's (3) are stuck on a channel (cannot switch to another station on any), and no amount of rebooting and unplugging has helped. Our phone cuts out. Our Internet is turtle speed.

I finally called this morning after spending hours trying to fix it. Guess when they will send a tech? Friday! The explanations they offer for our issues are.laughable. I told the rep that I was posting on every available social media site there is and telling everyone I know about this, and those people would tell friends and so on. I also filed a complaint with the fcc.

Sorry for the rant but I wanted to see if anyone likes Frontier now that they have supposedly gotten better. I know they all stink but is it worth taking a chance?

Thanks!
Cablevision and Directv are great, never had issues. Switch, it's a free country.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:36 PM

10 posts, read 13,401 times
There is nothing wrong with Comcast besides overcharging for service and having horrible customer service. The product they deliver is fine. I'm sure that, whatever your problem is or was, you chose to act like a maniac over the phone to someone who doesn't get paid enough to deal with some entitled annoying ___ but feel free to make your point because you are "aggravated". You should just **** already. Did you ever think that maybe you'd get an appointment sooner if you were cooperative and nice or did that never ring in your head? Boo hoo. I'm inconvenienced. Cry me a river.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:40 PM

720 posts, read 805,730 times
Me too. We've never dealt with such a rapacious company providing such poor service. I thought our last one was bad, but Comcast has really gone to the dark side. I was Comcast customer in its earliest days of broadband service before it was actually really ready to replace dial-up with broadband, and we really liked them back then. That was at least fifteen years ago, and I was shocked by how the company does business now. (Of course, that is true for almost all industries doing business in the U.S. because we have such poor consumer protection laws compared to other western countries.)

Oh, and I've had Comcast techs out to my house three times because even though every room has multiple cable outlets in it, only one outlet in the 2000 sq foot home works! In three other states I've had multiple outlets installed, activated, and boosted, but for some reason, here Comcast sends techs out who tell us there is some reason they can't activate even one other outlet in another room, and they leave with the job not done.

Last edited by pgrdr; 04-19-2016 at 07:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut