Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 08:59 AM

845 posts, read 680,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
A Q poll from the other day had him within 9 points of Clinton in Connecticut. It's close to his home state of Vermont and CT has a history of picking underdogs - Ned Lamont, Gary Hart, Weicker as an independent, etc. He's been running ads in Connecticut for a few weeks now as well. I don't even watch much local TV and I've seen them. (I have not seen ads for Clinton, Trump, Kasich or Cruz...)

Sanders, though, was virtually eliminated way back on Super Tuesday, not even counting Super Delegates. The math of proportional allocation of pledged delegates made it almost impossible for him to come back from those losses.
Oh, sure I don't disagree, but what's the cost of running so hard here in Connecticut? All the ads, trips, ect. If if he wins, what will he get out of it? 2-8 extra delegates than if he did not run here? I think he is too far in the hole to be trying to win our small number of delegates, when he could probably make the gain up elsewhere.

On the other hand, it does show he's pretty serious about running and winning, and I think a lot of people appreciate that. He's committed, delusional, but committed. He hasn't a snowball's chance in hell to pull through. Just giving Trump ammo at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 09:05 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
In the end he'll probably trail Clinton by 400
It depends. If the polls for next week equate to the actual results and Clinton wins PA, MD, CT, RI and DE by decent margins and Sanders loses a net 40 or so delegates, Sanders may scale back his campaign and focus entirely on California or maybe CA and a few other states. If he loses a few more after next week, he may essentially give up & stop campaigning. Maybe he'll meet with Clinton and ask for a prime time speech at the convention in exchange for him dropping out & endorsing Clinton.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:13 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,693,961 times
I am hoping a Clinton Sanders ticket...though I think Sanders can do more in the Senate as a VP.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:15 AM

854 posts, read 1,241,326 times
Quote:
I think Sanders can do more in the Senate as a VP.
The VP only votes in the Senate when it is necessary to break a tie.

Joe Biden has not had occasion to do so. Dick Cheney did it eight times. Al Gore did it four times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Old 04-22-2016, 09:31 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,566 times
Quote:
I am hoping a Clinton Sanders ticket...though I think Sanders can do more in the Senate as a VP.
I'm guessing Julian Castro (former mayor of San Antonio and current HUD secretary) may get the nod as Democratic VP nominee - he's young & charismatic, so partially offsets Clinton's age and lack of charisma. And, if Trump is the Republican nominee, it would lock up the Hispanic vote for the Democrats.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:10 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,693,961 times
Think New Haven will be larger in number then the Hartford one

Old 04-24-2016, 06:48 PM

14,052 posts, read 13,926,968 times
Quote:
Think New Haven will be larger in number then the Hartford one

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut