Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:11 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckexpat View Post
Dasani is also filtered on the reverse osmosis system and so is Aquafina.
Yep, Coke and Pepsi respectively. Just think, they shortcut the soda making proceedure by just using the purified water and charge you more! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 04:45 PM

10 posts, read 39,824 times
I grew up in Fairfield and thought that was some of the best tasting water of all the places I lived in the Northeast and Southeast. I'm not real sure about contaminants or other water quality issues but I think it is ranked fairly high.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:11 PM

79 posts, read 314,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catbys View Post
KNOTTE

My water bill in NYS was high until they split the water and sewer. Sewer is now part of our taxes and the water is billed independently and it's reasonable.
But then they'd drive up our already crazy property taxes! As it is, we don't even get trash removal included in our taxes. Never thought I'd want to move back to CT, but it is looking better and better than staying in VT.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:18 AM

394 posts, read 2,003,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOTTE View Post
As it is, we don't even get trash removal included in our taxes. Never thought I'd want to move back to CT, but it is looking better and better than staying in VT.
Be careful what you wish for, you still have to pay for trash removal in many Connecticut towns. We pay $55.00 a month.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:53 PM

242 posts, read 759,028 times
From what I have experienced, CT has great water, similar to NY water. It is soft, which is a huge plus, and tastes really good too. It did have a bit of a chlorine smell but the water itself tasted very good. I've only really had water in two places in CT - Waterbury and Fairfield. I can't really speak for the entire state but the water in those two places was excellent. I'm pretty picky when it comes to water quality (I grew up in Long Island and NYC), so the CT water must be good if I like it. Almost every other place I've visited I've hated the water (all over New Jersey, Maryland, Florida, Los Angeles, etc.)

Old 01-17-2017, 07:29 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,780,482 times
MDC water, very good, but I can't stand any chlorine odor at all, so I put it through a Brita filter. We all feel it is better than any bottled water we've ever tasted. Really very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut