Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:08 AM

9 posts, read 25,658 times

Advertisements

I usually don't respond to such a childish remark...But, It just shows how much of a hypocrite most people that make these kinds of remarks are. Let me ask you DO YOU EAT MEAT??? Any at all? Most likely you do ....SO you say that is ok??? Do you have any idea how the meat gets to your plate??? How do you think it gets there>>> The chicken just lays "CHICKEN MEAT"? NO they were living breathing animal that they slaughter. So thats ok and the harvesting of a animal for consumption is not???

I will agree if someone just shoots a animal and leaves it ..IT NOT OK. But 95% of hunters use every bit of that animal. None goes to waste. Not only does he/she eat it but that help control the population of which people like you WHINE about. But its ok to pay a "SHARPSHOOTER" to kill them or Sterilize the animals?? Whats up with that????? Please if your not educated with the truth.... Please keep these to yourself...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 06:26 AM

893 posts, read 789,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunter View Post
I usually don't respond to such a childish remark...But, It just shows how much of a hypocrite most people that make these kinds of remarks are. Let me ask you DO YOU EAT MEAT??? Any at all? Most likely you do ....SO you say that is ok??? Do you have any idea how the meat gets to your plate??? How do you think it gets there>>> The chicken just lays "CHICKEN MEAT"? NO they were living breathing animal that they slaughter. So thats ok and the harvesting of a animal for consumption is not???

I will agree if someone just shoots a animal and leaves it ..IT NOT OK. But 95% of hunters use every bit of that animal. None goes to waste. Not only does he/she eat it but that help control the population of which people like you WHINE about. But its ok to pay a "SHARPSHOOTER" to kill them or Sterilize the animals?? Whats up with that????? Please if your not educated with the truth.... Please keep these to yourself...

I know other places we've lived they donate the meat to homeless shelters.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:29 AM

They actually sterilize the deer here?????????? OMG that's so funny

Old 02-22-2008, 06:56 AM

Default Its just sad...

That they use that kind of practice... Talk about screwen up mother nature. Wonder why our wildlife is going down the tubes!!~

Old 02-22-2008, 08:26 AM

223 posts, read 496,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbarney04 View Post
how is it even a sport when you have a gun? how can you even consider this a sport? hunting is DISGUSTING and I hope no one is willing to assist you with your "sport".
What would you have them hunt with a flash lite? OK deer I see you, stop, your mine now. What an anal thing to say. You guys ever want to hunt in Pa. PM me I don't have much land 8 acers, But no one hunts it and the deer know that. theres a motel 3 miles down the road lots of good restaruants, and state gamelands near by. you too tin knocker. I'm in Hamlin Pa. 2hr. from Stamford

Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 AM

Maybe we should arm the deer and give them shooting lessons, along with their birth control of course

Old 02-22-2008, 09:03 AM

Default Are You Serious????

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENO-777 View Post
What would you have them hunt with a flash lite? OK deer I see you, stop, your mine now. What an anal thing to say. You guys ever want to hunt in Pa. PM me I don't have much land 8 acers, But no one hunts it and the deer know that. theres a motel 3 miles down the road lots of good restaruants, and state gamelands near by. you too tin knocker. I'm in Hamlin Pa. 2hr. from Stamford
Geno,

Do you hunt your own land??? Are you serious about that open offer?? My Sgt. and I (we are police officers) are looking for new lands to hunt!!! Could I get more info from you?? Like if you hunt and how strong is the herd there?? Would love to hear from ya!! Email me at smmtb46@aol.com Thank YOU!!!!! PS sorry I am new to this site and dont know how to PM??

Old 02-22-2008, 10:24 AM

223 posts, read 496,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunter View Post
Geno,

Do you hunt your own land??? Are you serious about that open offer?? My Sgt. and I (we are police officers) are looking for new lands to hunt!!! Could I get more info from you?? Like if you hunt and how strong is the herd there?? Would love to hear from ya!! Email me at smmtb46@aol.com Thank YOU!!!!! PS sorry I am new to this site and dont know how to PM??
You Got Mail.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:52 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,410,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENO-777 View Post

I'm definately interested. Are there acreage restrictions for firearms?

Buckhunter,

I'll run the idea of exchanging E-mail adresses with my friend. Cant make any promises tho. I'm not one but alot of people are nervous about people they dont know from the net.

As far as hunting being wrong, thats laughable. Its the way the world works & guns are just our most modern invention to help us. Most predators have big teeth & claws to help catch prey. Humans have a brain & use it to create the things nature didn't give us. Denying hunting is natural is to deny the truth. Something most anti gun/hunting people have not much trouble with. Me I deal in reality. I know where theres things that taste good so I shoot them & cook em.

I see alot of animals in the woods that look like they are enjoying life in a big way. Ever seen a cow on a farm looking like it loves life? Or maybe a veal calf staked to a dog house. How about some pigs in a pen or turkeys bred to be so fat & ungainly they can barely walk let alone fly.

Show me the morality in that. Now I'm not against livestock or modern farming at all. I'm just pointing out that if a person truly felt moved to stand for ethical treatment of animals or humane treatment of them hunting is about the last subject they need fart around with.
I'm of the opinion that most anti gun & anti hunting people are just busybodies looking for something to cry about & not smart enough to find something worth fighting.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:29 PM

Default I undersdtand

Tin Knocker,

I Totally Understand, I Am A Cop Remember?? Trust No One!! Lol!! I Am The Real Deal...wont Do Anything To Risk My Job Or The Sport That I Love. Just Figured If We Email Back And Fourth He Might Feel Better And Could Confirm With The Pd Whom We Are.

I Am Happy To See That There Are Still A Few Good People Out There To Help Other People And Help The Sport That We Love. Big Thank You To Geno 777 And Tin Knocker.

Wish I Could Extend The Favor To You Both But Here In Western Mass Deer Hunting Sucks!!! Low Deer Counts!!!

Thanks Again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut