Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2008, 07:54 AM

2 posts, read 5,151 times

Advertisements

My husband saw this brand new construction in West Haven right off Boston Post Road, across from UNH, and he really liked it. I liked the house also but I'm not sure about the location or neighborhood. It's Andrews Street off of Boston Post Road. How is the neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 09:23 AM

41 posts, read 144,300 times
Skip it. The house might look great, but the area leaves a lot to be desired. We are very familiar with that area, and would not move our family there. Go a few hundred feet down the road in either direction and you will get a feel for the area.

We've been looking at houses for a while and probably passed on the same house you are talking about.

The nicest areas in West Haven are west and south of Painters Park more towards the Milford line.

Plus, I don't know if you have bought a home before, but the West Haven taxes are high and have been growing at a good rate the last few years. Keep that in mind.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:18 AM

2 posts, read 5,151 times
Thanks for the reply. My agent says the taxes for that house might be around 5500 or even higher! I want to buy in New Haven around the Westville area or maybe even Hamden around Spring Glen. Are you familiar with those areas?

Old 02-17-2008, 01:12 PM

41 posts, read 144,300 times
Prepare for Hamden to have the same amount of taxes as West Haven. I do not know the taxes for Westville.

Both are very nice areas, Spring Glen would probably give you more yard with a "newer" type houses compared to Westville. Westville is saturated with early century colonials, a lot of 2 family homes. Personally I would take Spring Glen as a family reason for schools, but Westville is ok, too, especially for couples without children.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:31 PM

9 posts, read 23,301 times
Smile Westville info

Hi,

I am a New Haven County Realtor and I love Westville!.. Its full of charm, great architecture and very family friendly. I love doing open houses and watching all the families walk by and everyone seems to know each other... Your neighbors will range from Yale professors, doctors and lawyers (remember your a short ride to downtown New Haven and you border Woodbridge making this a great spot to live in) and all occupations thereafter..
There are currently over 60 homes available in Westville ranging in price from low 200K to $695K.

Last edited by JayCT; 02-20-2008 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: No advertising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut