Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 01:21 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomhpo View Post
Oh, and I guess south Windsor is also an option. But I don't really know much about it.
My business partner just purchased a lovely house in South Windsor. They really like the town, the amenities and the convenience. I think all three towns are worth of consideration. By far, West Hartford, has the most going on.

I really don't think you can make a bad choice-- Find a home you like and you'll find what you like in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 02:58 PM

163 posts, read 240,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I think it's absurd to eliminate out-of-hand West Hartford and Glastonbury in making recommendations to a newcomer in the area.

I may like Vernon, but its not going to be my first recommendation to a newcomer.
Again, I said MY list. I also said I would need more info to recommend for the OP.

Not a thing absurd about that. You are just continuing to misread my post, even after I explained. I'm not sure how you found my answer absurd, but people recommending WeHa with no info was fine?

Old 07-09-2016, 03:11 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,959,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssdelvalle View Post
We are new in CT, we are going to settle here after many years of moving around. We are not sure in which town to buy. My husband works in Downtown Hartford and he does not mind traveling up to a half an hour to work. We definately dont want to buy in Hartford. We prefer the suburbs. Any suggestions?
Welcome to Connecticut.

What is your budget? Do you want to rent or buy? Do you want a single family home? Condo? Do you want a lot of land, or is a small lot okay? Do you prefer natural gas, or is home heating oil okay? Well & Septic acceptable, or do you prefer city water & sewer?

Old 07-09-2016, 06:41 PM

503 posts, read 530,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomhpo View Post
I'm going by the 30 minute commute max. Really only Glastonbury and west Hartford all lie within that travel time to downtown Hartford.
What? That's crazy talk. There must be a dozen or more towns within that radius.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:43 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,180,209 times
West Hartford

Old 07-09-2016, 07:07 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,959,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkOdyssey View Post
What? That's crazy talk. There must be a dozen or more towns within that radius.
Wethersfield, Rocky Hill, Berlin, Newington, Cromwell, Plainville, East Hartford, Farmington, Bloomfield, Windsor, East Windsor, Windsor Locks, South Windsor, Avon, Manchester...

Old 07-09-2016, 07:29 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,204 times
West Hartford . Avon if you prefer quieter environment.

Old 07-15-2016, 04:16 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,456,026 times
Rocky hill Weathersfield are both nice Glastonbury is nice but expensive. Manchester has some great and not so great neighborhoods but can be a good value, same can be said of Windsor. South Windsor is a good balance of suburban to almost rural living.
West Hartford will also hit the right marks for most people, but I'm not a fan mostly do to tax rate and average lot sizes combined with high home values. Which means you pay a lot more for a lot less space then other towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut