Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2016, 03:15 PM

21,718 posts, read 28,042,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
Dumpy areas are irrelevant at 700k, should go without saying
Except in Greenwich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 03:19 PM

21,718 posts, read 28,042,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
For the people that will pay for interior designers they are all in the MEGA wealthy towns of Lower Fairfield County; New Canaan, Darien, Westport (?), Greenwich. Therefore, if you are in Ridgefield it will require driving, a lot of driving.
A lot of design and home improvement professionals in my town (Milford) do most of their work in lower FFC. My neighbor is one of them. They are in Milford for the cheaper cost of living, office/industrial space, and still within reasonable proximity and put up with the driving. In speaking with them, they do a little work east in Woodbridge, Madison, on the coast in Milford, etc. but mostly lower FFC. That's where the $ is.

These businesses are other examples (the latter of which I've used):
Shelter Interiors llc
Home Theater Systems Installed in Connecticut | We Install Custom Home Automation Systems in Stamford, Westport, Darien, CT | Smart Home and Theater Systems

Old 08-11-2016, 08:21 AM

830 posts, read 1,092,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Except in Greenwich.
Agreed, anything 700k in Greenwich is in a "dumpy" (relative term) part of Greenwich. It will maybe get you a single family house in Byram & Chickahominy for example.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
You should look at the Republican primary results from this past year and see which towns didn't vote for Trump in the Republican primary.
In FFC only Darien, New Canaan, and Westport didn't vote for Trump.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:29 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,177,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanny13 View Post
Agreed, anything 700k in Greenwich is in a "dumpy" (relative term) part of Greenwich. It will maybe get you a single family house in Byram & Chickahominy for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Except in Greenwich.
Lets not over analyze the definition of dumpy. You wouldn't exactly have to twist arms for people to settle for 700K houses in Greenwich.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
Lets not over analyze the definition of dumpy. You wouldn't exactly have to twist arms for people to settle for 700K houses in Greenwich.
I think what both of us are trying to say is that, unfortunately, it's not irrelevant.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:58 AM

21 posts, read 18,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I am guessing that you just took a ride along Route 1 for your impression of Fairfield. You should have checked out more including the Old Post Road with its beautiful and historic Old Town Hall or Southport Village with its unbelievably charming and historic streets and harbor or Greenfield Hill with its beautiful country lanes lined with stone walls and trees. It has some very charming areas but is definitely more developed and denser (except maybe Greenfield Hill) than Ridgefield. Hard to beat Ridgefield though but just depends on what you are looking for.
JayCT-- ugh, that's exactly what we did! mainly because we were just driving to RI and thought we'd check it out on the way. we did not devote the time to it we should have. Plus, I didn't know any of what you said! we'll go back. thanks.

SailCT, thanks for the suggestion. We've considered Westchester County, but #1, my husband really wants some land and that seems a tad more affordable in CT, and #2, if I'm going to move out of NYC, it's going to be back to New England, where I grew up (albeit in a city-- Providence). there are things I really love about NE and miss... know it's going to be some culture shock and I'm (finally) prepared for that. though I am trying to mitigate it a bit by looking for a place to live with all the "stuff," I am willing to trade it for a nice house with a yard and great schools, etc.

I can't remember who said it, but no, I hadn't heard about the cell reception issue in Ridgefield!! is that true?? that's a pretty big deal. we get cell reception underground here now (subway stations) so I am pretty used to being hooked in all the time....

Old 08-11-2016, 10:27 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,176,528 times
Whoever said cell phone reception is an issue in Ridgefield has no idea what they're taking about. I never have issues in Ridgefied and this is the first time I've ever heard anyone mention this.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:58 AM

4,448 posts, read 3,341,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanny13 View Post
In FFC only Darien, New Canaan, and Westport didn't vote for Trump.
Those towns are A-OK.

Old 08-11-2016, 12:00 PM

21 posts, read 18,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Whoever said cell phone reception is an issue in Ridgefield has no idea what they're taking about. I never have issues in Ridgefied and this is the first time I've ever heard anyone mention this.
ha! well, thanks! good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut