Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 08:38 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post

You need to do this:
Oh please. Boredom is experienced by most people, on occasion. It's not just a me thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 09:02 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Oh please. Boredom is experienced by most people, on occasion. It's not just a me thing.
The only time I'm bored is sitting on an airplane when I forgot to take my book out of my checked bag. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I was bored. When I have no plans on a day off, I'll do housework or yardwork (actually enjoy it), take my dog or a friend along for a hike (andthentherewere3 can vouch for me on that one), grab a last minute ticket to a Yankees game or drag the girl to a nice lunch/dinner spot in either CT or NY. I've also detailed my Jeep, went to an extra crossfit class, called work to see if they needed me for any overtime or begged a buddy to take me out on his boat (since I sold mine).

I don't think you're a boring person, nep, I think you're just lazy.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:27 AM

468 posts, read 523,867 times
Quote:
Could you tell us some of the things that you DO like to do? It seems that there are many activities that you don't care for.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamz View Post
Could you tell us some of the things that you DO like to do? It seems that there are many activities that you don't care for.
I like many things. I like the outdoors and hiking, but I've literally been just about everywhere in CT. I'm not one who enjoys repeating the same activity over and over. I also like travel, which is why I take vacations regularly. I don't have a house or a yard, so there's no house or yard work to be done, really. Just occasional cleaning. I enjoy hanging out with the few close friends that I have on occasion. I don't have a dog or any pets or anything like that to take care of. So idk...I guess I'm just jaded.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
The only time I'm bored is sitting on an airplane when I forgot to take my book out of my checked bag. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I was bored. When I have no plans on a day off, I'll do housework or yardwork (actually enjoy it), take my dog or a friend along for a hike (andthentherewere3 can vouch for me on that one), grab a last minute ticket to a Yankees game or drag the girl to a nice lunch/dinner spot in either CT or NY. I've also detailed my Jeep, went to an extra crossfit class, called work to see if they needed me for any overtime or begged a buddy to take me out on his boat (since I sold mine).

I don't think you're a boring person, nep, I think you're just lazy.
Lazy? I don't have a house, so there's no house or yard work to do. I don't have a dog, so there's no dog to take care of. I'm not into sports or dining. I don't know anyone that has a boat other than my aunt/uncle, but I'm not close with them.

It's not like I never do anything. I do. But some days are just totally boring with nothing to do.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:01 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,949 times
You've been to every natural feature in CT? How about exploring NY, NJ and MA then? The tri-state area has so much to do in a short distance, so I really don't get your boredom at all. If you have this attitude like "been there, done that" you'll get bored anywhere. Your post makes me think you want obligations to keep you busy (like a dog, house, etc) so you don't get bored. Whereas I think not having those obligations is something to take advantage of while you're young, so you have more time to explore and socialize.

Not to shame your boredom, because it's normal to be bored a little bit sometimes, but my point was I don't think it's a CT thing. You just seem like you want something new in your life. Why not take up a new hobby? I have friends who constantly pick up new hobbies and for them it's like there's not enough time in the world to do all the things they enjoy.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
You've been to every natural feature in CT? How about exploring NY, NJ and MA then? The tri-state area has so much to do in a short distance, so I really don't get your boredom at all. If you have this attitude like "been there, done that" you'll get bored anywhere. Your post makes me think you want obligations to keep you busy (like a dog, house, etc) so you don't get bored. Whereas I think not having those obligations is something to take advantage of while you're young, so you have more time to explore and socialize.
I've been to most of the forests and parks in CT that are worth going to, yes. Of course, i have also been to places in western MA and NY. NJ is too far from the Hartford area. In fact, I am in New Britain, so anywhere outside of CT is going to require ample travel time. I mean, I lived this area of the country for 30 years, so of course I've been there, done that. It's not like it's the new frontier and I'm just discovering new things to do.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:12 AM

503 posts, read 530,512 times
Quote:
I like many things. I like the outdoors and hiking, but I've literally been just about everywhere in CT. I'm not one who enjoys repeating the same activity over and over.
If the only thing you enjoy is the outdoors and hiking, and you don't like repeating the same activity, you are doomed to boredom. You will rapidly exhaust the most interesting natural features within short driving distance of anyplace you choose to live. Your only options are to buy an RV and live like a nomadic gypsy or change yourself.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkOdyssey View Post
If the only thing you enjoy is the outdoors and hiking, and you don't like repeating the same activity, you are doomed to boredom. You will rapidly exhaust the most interesting natural features within short driving distance of anyplace you choose to live. Your only options are to buy an RV and live like a nomadic gypsy or change yourself.
Change myself how? Force myself to start wanting to do things that I don't really want to do?

Old 08-30-2016, 10:52 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Lazy?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut