Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 08:50 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,688,340 times

Advertisements

What?? Dump a cat cause moving is stressful?? Smack my head.. The cat is stressed.. Is she declawed??? Then the type of litter in the box probably hurts her feet.. If you watch that show about difficult cats "my cat from he**" you need to have climbing areas.. Lots of Playtime.. Use a black light and find &enzyme treat the pee stains.. Seriously get rid of it..that Jackson guy says try for a while having a few litter boxes.. The problem isn't the cat.. It's how you deal with it..

Old 09-11-2016, 02:44 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,206,470 times
I volunteer for a rescue group in my spare time. I also have 3 cats and very passionate about animals. You should definitely not own an animal imo. It's a horrible thing to just give up a pet like that. You wouldn't believe how many animals come in because they are just dumped or left behind. The problem is you and not the cat. I've moved many times with cats..... They get stressed out. Bring her to vet to make she is ok. Do not just leave her outside somewhere..... What's wrong with you? She will die that way..... Unless that makes you feel good about yourself..... I'm so angry at this post so I'm going to stop typing......

Old 09-11-2016, 04:13 PM

9 posts, read 9,190 times
Thank you to those who posted without feeling the need to try an insult me. I said I thought about leaving her somewhere not close to the road because I didn't want her to be in urban area where she could get hit by a car. I've heard of people leaving their animals outside which is why I thought about it but note that I said I thought about it and didn't say that I actually did it. I also stated that thinking of doing that made me concerned about her survival and asked for suggestions so I obviously do care about her. I posted here for advice, I did not post here to be insulted. Thank you!!!

Also excuse me to those who have a problem with me wanting to give her up because she's peeing on everything, this isn't the first time I've had these issues with her, its just an issue that resurfaced once I moved. Shame on me for wanting her to be placed in a better home(hence why I asked for No kill shelter suggestions and not regular shelters) rather than her staying in my home peeing on and ruining everything. Sorry but not everyone is whiling to deal with that emotionally, physically and financially.

@CTartist Pee pee pads will do no good. Her pan was in the bathroom but the places she peed were in the bathtub, in the living room on the trim, on the living room curtains and on the trim of my office. I recently moved her pan into a pantry area near the living and closed all of doors so that she can't pee everywhere. So now the only places she can go are in the kitchen for her food, in the living room pantry to use her pan and in my bedroom(which oddly enough she hasn't peed in) where she likes to sleep with me. So simply putting pee pads around her pan won't fix the issue because that's not where she's peeing.

@MrGompers I haven't changed brands recently but I think I picked up a different formula than before. I think last time I got clay and this time I got tight clumping. I'm thinking that she may not like the tiny pebbles on her feet.

Anyways I appreciate those who provided non-insulting suggestions. I will try using clay litter and will get her to a vet although I'm not sure how because she doesn't like being put into things or having things put on her. If those things do not work I will look into the No Kill Shelters that were posted.

Last edited by Hungry4Freedom; 09-11-2016 at 04:53 PM..

Old 09-11-2016, 05:47 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,206,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry4Freedom View Post
Thank you to those who posted without feeling the need to try an insult me. I said I thought about leaving her somewhere not close to the road because I didn't want her to be in urban area where she could get hit by a car. I've heard of people leaving their animals outside which is why I thought about it but note that I said I thought about it and didn't say that I actually did it. I also stated that thinking of doing that made me concerned about her survival and asked for suggestions so I obviously do care about her. I posted here for advice, I did not post here to be insulted. Thank you!!!

Also excuse me to those who have a problem with me wanting to give her up because she's peeing on everything, this isn't the first time I've had these issues with her, its just an issue that resurfaced once I moved. Shame on me for wanting her to be placed in a better home(hence why I asked for No kill shelter suggestions and not regular shelters) rather than her staying in my home peeing on and ruining everything. Sorry but not everyone is whiling to deal with that emotionally, physically and financially.

@CTartist Pee pee pads will do no good. Her pan was in the bathroom but the places she peed were in the bathtub, in the living room on the trim, on the living room curtains and on the trim of my office. I recently moved her pan into a pantry area near the living and closed all of doors so that she can't pee everywhere. So now the only places she can go are in the kitchen for her food, in the living room pantry to use her pan and in my bedroom(which oddly enough she hasn't peed in) where she likes to sleep with me. So simply putting pee pads around her pan won't fix the issue because that's not where she's peeing.

@MrGompers I haven't changed brands recently but I think I picked up a different formula than before. I think last time I got clay and this time I got tight clumping. I'm thinking that she may not like the tiny pebbles on her feet.

Anyways I appreciate those who provided non-insulting suggestions. I will try using clay litter and will get her to a vet although I'm not sure how because she doesn't like being put into things or having things put on her. If those things do not work I will look into the No Kill Shelters that were posted.
I wasn't trying to insult you if you meant me.....however......that will not change my feelings. Now if you want advice on a cat litter.......Worlds Best Cat Litter or Dr Elseys cat litter is the best......They even make a cat attratct to litter box litter. One of my Maine Coon rescues,Emma, was a cat who the owners decided they did not want anymore so they just tossed her outside to fend for herself. She got very sick and anemic and infested with fleas to the point where she was almost dead......She was rescued and nursed back to health......we adopted her 4 years ago. That's why it bothers me when I hear that someone would think about doing that. I moved once with a different cat and when we moved to the new place, she was stressed and peed outside the box a few times.....and then that was it, she calmed down all was normal. My cats dont like going to the vet or the cat carrier either......but you just do it. That;s all I will comment on with this.....good luck and please do not just toss a cat somewhere outside to survive. Its beyond cruel........make sure you find the cat a GOOD LOVING home first.

Last edited by gmdealerguy; 09-11-2016 at 06:02 PM..

Old 09-11-2016, 05:59 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry4Freedom View Post

When you state you considered letting your house pet go off into the wild, you deserve every insulting reply you get. Sorry, not sorry.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:43 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Since tis is starting to get nasty, I am closing it down. Thanks to those who posted a response. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: