Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 09:16 PM

327 posts, read 1,115,707 times

Advertisements

I heard a rumor that Lowes was going to build in Naugatuck. In an old industrial site off rubber avenue. Anybody hear anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 09:31 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,843,211 times
I read in the Ct. Post that a Lowe's was being built in the former K-Mart in Derby, but I haven't heard anything about Naugatuck.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:55 AM

34,687 posts, read 56,476,753 times
Recently Lowes announced it was cutting back on new stores. That really doesn't mean much though. Where did you hear they were going? Jay

Old 07-27-2008, 11:15 AM

627 posts, read 1,052,242 times
Sorry to resurrect a really old thread, but I live about a 1/4 mile from this site and my running route takes me past it regularly. I've been keeping close tabs.

Anyways, the site is finally cleared, which took a long time. Just piles of rubble for a few seasons, which was very post apocalyptic. There was also a hold-up because the site doesn't actually have Rubber Ave frontage. It's only accessible from small side streets. The developers wanted to trade the town their parking lot (which is heavily used for the little league field) for the recycling center plot that's on Rubber Ave, and I think that trade finally went through. So that's the progress side.

OTOH, there has been no activity at all on the recycling center plot. It's still used for recycling same as it ever was. And they just put up a new traffic light on Rubber Ave at Andrew Ave, including new curbs and sidewalks, which seems insane if they are going to put an access road through the recycling center, which is about 300 yards away. Of course it was probably state money that paid for the traffic light and maybe they figured they should take the money while they could. I wouldn't put it past them. This is the same town where someone crashed into a traffic light control box two years ago and they still haven't replaced it and still have "temporary" stop signs up.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,921 times
Lowes is also looking to build on rt 63 either in Peter Paul of a little pass Walmart. I was with some big wigs this wkndand that was the topic along with Target comming in to Naugy..and there is more to this...

Old 09-03-2008, 04:44 PM

144 posts, read 550,780 times
As the wife of a Lowes man (My husband is in upper management with the company) I can tell you that there are often "Rumors" about Lowes being built, sometimes up to a couple years before they break ground on the store. My husband has opened two new stores in the last year....both were "rumored" for several years, but building sites had not been determined, transportation issues (we are in MO, and MODOT had to make some costly changes to the roads before the store could open, etc). However, as soon as an OFFICIAL site is purchased, those stores go up quick and you can tell what is going on. They aren't secret about it at all. My husbands current store went up fast. Less than 6 months and the thing was done, stocked, and ready to go. I swear, they had the shell up in a month.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:56 AM

327 posts, read 1,115,707 times
Well it would be great if a major anchor store or better yet some corporatation moves in on there to shore up the Naugy economy. Not that it affects me living in Milford but I did grow up in Naugatuck and would like to see it transform itself from the old manufacturing or should I say bedroom community of late to a viable commercial center. My 2 cents anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut