Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 02:11 AM

103 posts, read 71,875 times

Advertisements

How much has it changed? I haven't been back in a few years. I always liked going to visit family and to see my old stomping grounds but I haven't been back in a few years. It's very pretty up there but I don't think I can move back lol I'm spoiled in Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 12:42 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,126 times
Ive lived in Hamden for only about 6 years. I dont know what it used to be like. I have to say, Im not fond of going to town (Dixwell Ave). It isn't horrible but traffic can build up at times and Ive never liked the shopping experiences here due to just how other customers act and quality of services from the people who work at the stores.

Luckily, I lived a little over 2 miles or so away from the main town near state land. A little more quiet and peaceful.

I only moved here because at the time, it's what I could afford and I couldn't pass up being around a wooded area. The taxes are high though and stupidly, I way overpaid for this little place and wish I wasn't so ignorant. I put too much trust in the agent since it was my first time buying a house. If I could do it over again, I would've paid $20k less for this place or walked out the door. I kick myself every day for that since ill likely never sell this place since I owe more than its worth and will for a long time. I see Im way off topic to what you were speaking of so ill get back on track.

I just visited Florida (family down there and I grew up there). Like other places, it really matters where you live. I enjoyed the nice weather but summers are too brutal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut