Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 02:12 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,831,424 times

Advertisements

I heard a commercial on WMRQ 104.1 radio that there is a new all nude restaurant called "Wang Palace" in Amston. One hell of a name choice I guess. Supposedly, diners can eat in the nude (not sure about the employees) They will also cater parties including kids birthday parties. This seems way to bizarre to me and must be some kind of joke.

I tried looking up this restaurant on Google and no hits. I'm guessing maybe this was some type of parody ad ? I don't know because the ad sounded professional and legit to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 02:16 PM

45,343 posts, read 60,522,810 times
April Fool's?

Old 04-02-2017, 02:22 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,464,279 times
Sounds like an April Fool's joke.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:22 PM

83,508 posts, read 75,260,686 times
There's a Nude resort in Woodstock, CT

Looks like a cool place! 360 acres. They even have a "Bare" Bike trail. lol

https://www.solairrl.com/

Old 04-02-2017, 02:26 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,831,424 times
Perhaps, but today is April 2nd. I heard the commercial this morning.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:34 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,417,982 times
I heard the same ad today! There actually is a Wang Palace in Glastonbury (clothing required). I assumed this was an April Fools joke they haven't pulled off the air yet. Not to mention Amston is a village within Hebron centered around Amston Lake. If there ever were a clothing optional restaurant in the area, it wouldn't be there!

Old 04-02-2017, 02:42 PM

6,122 posts, read 5,090,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I heard a commercial on WMRQ 104.1 radio that there is a new all nude restaurant called "Wang Palace" in Amston. One hell of a name choice I guess. Supposedly, diners can eat in the nude (not sure about the employees) They will also cater parties including kids birthday parties. This seems way to bizarre to me and must be some kind of joke.

I tried looking up this restaurant on Google and no hits. I'm guessing maybe this was some type of parody ad ? I don't know because the ad sounded professional and legit to me.
The concept is not far-fetched! A restaurant like this just opened in London. Having said that, I don't think the "land of steady habits" is ready for this yet!

What it's like to eat in London's naked restaurant? - CNN.com

Old 04-02-2017, 03:22 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,940,669 times
Even though I think CT is one of the fittest states in the Union, still there are quite a lot of people that I'm glad I don't have to see them nude, more so while eating!

Then there's the issue of when a very gorgeous and sexy woman walks into the place. That can be dangerous for compromised or married men, especially if they dine with their girlfriends/wives. All I have to say is this: when your wife has a knife on her hand for any reason, it's best to not alter her sense of peace. There are things that can't be hidden while nude. lol

Old 04-02-2017, 03:56 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,018,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post

The part that I put in bold? That has to be the dead giveaway that it's a joke. I mean, really.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:25 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,940,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
The part that I put in bold? That has to be the dead giveaway that it's a joke. I mean, really.
I remember when a frames and art gallery in Stamford put a replica of the statue of David right in front of its front door.

It didn't took long for the owner to cover the statue's parts. While in Rome they are exposed for all to see (and have been exposed for centuries), here it's a no no.

However, there are people out there that believe children shouldn't be sheltered from what is 'natural,' and it can be argued that nudity is quite natural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut