Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 05:00 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,828,917 times

Advertisements

Sweet baby Jesus, Lamont is not a progressive he's another DINO. On the DINO scale he's a 9 (Malloy is a 10). Max DINO score is 10.

The only progressive I know of in CT is mayor of Middletown Dan Drew, if there's another CT progressive I would like to know.

There are a few progressives on the national level such as Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, D-NY, Kaniela Ing D-HI Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and honorable mention to Andrew Gillum Gov candidate for Florida. (I don't know much about him yet)

Lamont is not close to anything these progressives have to offer. Putting him into the same category as these progressives is an insult and a huge disservice to the Progressive party. (I don't think its a party yet, but maybe someday)

Connecticut has a long way to go before it can be considered "Progressive"

The three current Gov candidates are not going to help us get there in any way, shape, or form.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:24 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,687,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Sweet baby Jesus, Lamont is not a progressive he's another DINO. On the DINO scale he's a 9 (Malloy is a 10). Max DINO score is 10.

The only progressive I know of in CT is mayor of Middletown Dan Drew, if there's another CT progressive I would like to know.

There are a few progressives on the national level such as Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, D-NY, Kaniela Ing D-HI Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and honorable mention to Andrew Gillum Gov candidate for Florida. (I don't know much about him yet)

Lamont is not close to anything these progressives have to offer. Putting him into the same category as these progressives is an insult and a huge disservice to the Progressive party. (I don't think its a party yet, but maybe someday)

The three current Gov candidates are not going to help us get there in any way, shape, or form.
There is Hayes. I mean i think some of her political ideas are great. However, feel stabilize budget, lower taxes, improve infrastructure, encourage gdevelopment of affordable housing projects, protect more open space in the state for State Parks, clean up bodies of water in the State, reform the penal system, legalize & commercialize marijuana, modernize/privatize/stop fradulent spending/clean up/reform/adequately staff State Agencies, deal with the substance crisis, and create more jobs should be the agenda of the State for the next 10 years

Old 10-04-2018, 11:13 PM

154 posts, read 79,076 times
Hopefully Connecticut will change for the better. I do not know how any rational taxpayer can vote Democrat and welcome the new onslaught of taxes coming our way. The cities vote Democrat for the welfare checks and programs. The legislature has crippled this state for many years. It needs to change finally. Stefanowski is better than any Liberal Democrat. This state needs to get a grip on the cycle of tax and spend. Everyone who actually works for a living and pays taxes usually leave this state when they retire. The cost of living is crazy and the future is bleak. Santuary cities are starting to destroy every state from within. The bailout of Hartford was a mistake. Years of democrat control and poor leadership put our capital city in the toilet. Lamont is no different than Malloy. Voters will see through the phony TV ads and fake promises.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:21 AM

14,044 posts, read 13,914,424 times
Stefanowski = It Dan Malloy Fault 2.0

Ned = Malloy 2.0

Old 10-05-2018, 06:59 AM

107 posts, read 57,184 times
Quote:

Josh Elliott, a State Rep from Hamden touts a progressive platform. Dan Fontaine is running in for State Rep in Wallingford. At the local level there are some DSA members serving in New Haven & Hamden. I am sure there are others, though still far too few.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:21 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,940,550 times
Quote:

CT is like a zoo - bunch of DINOs and RINOs.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:15 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
Hopefully Connecticut will change for the better. I do not know how any rational taxpayer can vote Democrat and welcome the new onslaught of taxes coming our way. The cities vote Democrat for the welfare checks and programs. The legislature has crippled this state for many years. It needs to change finally. Stefanowski is better than any Liberal Democrat. This state needs to get a grip on the cycle of tax and spend. Everyone who actually works for a living and pays taxes usually leave this state when they retire. The cost of living is crazy and the future is bleak. Santuary cities are starting to destroy every state from within. The bailout of Hartford was a mistake. Years of democrat control and poor leadership put our capital city in the toilet. Lamont is no different than Malloy. Voters will see through the phony TV ads and fake promises.
The problem with the Republican Party is that it is way too conservative for a state like Connecticut. We need change but not the ridiculous unrealistic "slash everything" plan of Stefanowski. His plan to eliminate the income tax is pretty much just a lie and pandering to uneducated voters.

Also the Republicans have become the "Do Nothing" party. It lacks vision and a "likeable" face. I cringe every time I see Fasano or Klarides on TV. They usually offer nothing more than a negative comment on what the Democrats are proposing. They also seem to enjoy it when there is some negative news on our state's economy and rarely have a good thing to say when there is good news. Where have I seen that before?

Also, the Republicans have proposed NOTHING to address the transportation funding crisis our state is facing. I believe this is because it means going against it's "no new taxes" promise that seems to override any semblance of logic and need. As a Republican I find this unacceptable and have contacted a number of Republican candidates to say so. Sadly it is unlikely I will vote for any of their candidates. Jay

Old 10-05-2018, 11:09 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,718,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The problem with the Republican Party is that it is way too conservative for a state like Connecticut. We need change but not the ridiculous unrealistic "slash everything" plan of Stefanowski. His plan to eliminate the income tax is pretty much just a lie and pandering to uneducated voters.

Also the Republicans have become the "Do Nothing" party. It lacks vision and a "likeable" face. I cringe every time I see Fasano or Klarides on TV. They usually offer nothing more than a negative comment on what the Democrats are proposing. They also seem to enjoy it when there is some negative news on our state's economy and rarely have a good thing to say when there is good news. Where have I seen that before?

Also, the Republicans have proposed NOTHING to address the transportation funding crisis our state is facing. I believe this is because it means going against it's "no new taxes" promise that seems to override any semblance of logic and need. As a Republican I find this unacceptable and have contacted a number of Republican candidates to say so. Sadly it is unlikely I will vote for any of their candidates. Jay
I still don't understand why you call yourself a Republican when you offer unconditional praise for our state's leaders. Honestly, why not just switch parties? The classic Republican you speak of no longer exists, with the exception of the governors of Massachusetts and Vermont, and even they understand that you can't tax your way out of a deficit. I wish that wasn't so hard for us in CT to understand. I know Lamont said he's all for legalizing pot and gambling, but he's got a stodgy group of Puritan legislatures to contend with since they will never go along with this, which is why they need the boot.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:50 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
I still don't understand why you call yourself a Republican when you offer unconditional praise for our state's leaders. Honestly, why not just switch parties? The classic Republican you speak of no longer exists, with the exception of the governors of Massachusetts and Vermont, and even they understand that you can't tax your way out of a deficit. I wish that wasn't so hard for us in CT to understand. I know Lamont said he's all for legalizing pot and gambling, but he's got a stodgy group of Puritan legislatures to contend with since they will never go along with this, which is why they need the boot.
To me there used to be R's that were about not just cutting taxes but fiscal responsibility. Eliminating debt making government efficient (smaller) and here in the NE they largely ignored social political issues or could go either way. Those seem to be gone. Now it seems to be cutting taxes and allowing debt to increase while increasingly being pulled right on social issues. I can see the conflict if your from the old school. Personally while I have never registered R (independent but have reg D before for Primaries) I aligned more with the NE R's then the D's until some time around when W came into power.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:55 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,718,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by East of the River View Post
To me there used to be R's that were about not just cutting taxes but fiscal responsibility. Eliminating debt making government efficient (smaller) and here in the NE they largely ignored social political issues or could go either way. Those seem to be gone. Now it seems to be cutting taxes and allowing debt to increase while increasingly being pulled right on social issues. I can see the conflict if your from the old school. Personally while I have never registered R (independent but have reg D before for Primaries) I aligned more with the NE R's then the D's until some time around when W came into power.
I get what you're saying, and while I agree that nationally the R's have taken a sharp turn to the far right, to the point where the only thing to the right of Trump is Kirk Cameron and the neo-nazi's, but the Democrats in the northeast have just as audaciously bolted off in the other direction. And personally, I think it's time we have term limits at the Senate and congressional level, with their cushy benefits and pay for life rolled back, and we get some fresh blood in there. I mean, Orrin Hatch? He's been in office since 1977, the year Star Wars was first released. My fondest memory of that old douche will be the day he retires, which I'm happy to say is in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut