Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 02:46 PM

21,572 posts, read 27,817,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads94 View Post
Lamont +7 in Emerson College Poll

Looks like Ned is going to take a victory on Tuesday, and Oz will show significant strength. Will be interesting to watch.
Hate to say it, but if you're right... state Republicans only have themselves to blame. Again.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:20 PM

34,727 posts, read 56,531,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE72 View Post
When have Republicans controlled the Legislature in CT ? Answer. Since 1992 Never.
When have Republicans controlled the Legislature and the Governorship ? Answer. Since 1992 Never
When have the Democrats held all three ? Answer . Since 2011.

You are attempting to make an analogy with Kansas ?
But we have had Republican Governors for the 12 years prior to Malloy, 16 if you count Weicker who was a Republican before he ran for Governor as an independent. They did nothing to fix anything either. Just like the Republicans in today's state GOP. A bunch of do nothing complainers. IF they had nominated a more moderate candidate, they likely could beat the Democrats. It is a crap shoot if people in Connecticut are willing to buy into Stefanowski since he is too much like Trump. We will see next week. Jay

Old 10-31-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Hate to say it, but if you're right... state Republicans only have themselves to blame. Again.
MAybe not. Quinnipiac has them almost tied. Will see. Jay

Old 10-31-2018, 05:36 PM

33,814 posts, read 16,819,867 times
It is air tight because Malloy has soiled the Democrats brand.

Below 15% is almost ten percent below Christie's lowest rating ever.

Used car salesman territory.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:34 AM

377 posts, read 238,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
But we have had Republican Governors for the 12 years prior to Malloy, 16 if you count Weicker who was a Republican before he ran for Governor as an independent. They did nothing to fix anything either. Just like the Republicans in today's state GOP. A bunch of do nothing complainers. IF they had nominated a more moderate candidate, they likely could beat the Democrats. It is a crap shoot if people in Connecticut are willing to buy into Stefanowski since he is too much like Trump. We will see next week. Jay

For the most part, the Governors hands are somewhat tied trying to work with a Legislature controlled by the opposite party. Except for a veto, of course. The Republicans did have their version of a budget vetoed by Malloy recently. I wouldn't count Weicker as anything but a failure no matter what label you put on him.
Too much like Trump? It was kind of amusing to hear a Joe Courtney ad on the radio this morning. Waxing poetic about the 1200 jobs that Electric Boat will add next year. Well those jobs are directly linked to the President and his call for increased Defense spending. The President was also honest enough to recently admit that Saudi Arabia , and their purchases have a large influence on American jobs. Additionally, recently released figures show Americans had nearly a 3 % average increase in wages, the first such increase in many , many years. So if you want to say Stefanowski is too much like Trump, and that Lamont will be , for arguments sake , a little less much than current Democrats who have had control in CT for 8 years , look at the results. Economic growth , wage increases , and lower unemployment vs a stagnant economy , tax increases and a lackluster performance compared to many other states. Then make your decision.

Look it isn't all bad. CT is still a great place to live in my opinion, certain areas provide great value and and some are showing more growth. But I think we can do better, and we have to do better to maintain what we have. I think the Democrats have had enough time, and enough opportunity to turn things around.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:03 AM

9,855 posts, read 7,606,664 times
I agree Connecticut isn't all that bad.

Would like to see less of personal taxes - Income, sales, and property tax

More State Parks and expansion/unification of various trails/bike paths in the State

Less bussiness regulations and taxes on businesses

Clean up of fraud on the State level

State Assistance reform

SEBAC switch over to the General Assembly

State Assistance reform

Pension reform for new State employees

Reduction of State Debt

Solutions to lower home and rental cost in the State

Less personal liberty regulations such as seat belt and helmet laws

Decriminalizing hard drugs

Legalizing marijuana

Improving aging infrastructure and expanding public transportation

Last edited by RunD1987; 11-01-2018 at 07:51 AM..

Old 11-01-2018, 08:58 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,601,209 times
Quote:
For the most part, the Governors hands are somewhat tied trying to work with a Legislature controlled by the opposite party. Except for a veto, of course. The Republicans did have their version of a budget vetoed by Malloy recently. I wouldn't count Weicker as anything but a failure no matter what label you put on him.
Too much like Trump? It was kind of amusing to hear a Joe Courtney ad on the radio this morning. Waxing poetic about the 1200 jobs that Electric Boat will add next year. Well those jobs are directly linked to the President and his call for increased Defense spending. The President was also honest enough to recently admit that Saudi Arabia , and their purchases have a large influence on American jobs. Additionally, recently released figures show Americans had nearly a 3 % average increase in wages, the first such increase in many , many years. So if you want to say Stefanowski is too much like Trump, and that Lamont will be , for arguments sake , a little less much than current Democrats who have had control in CT for 8 years , look at the results. Economic growth , wage increases , and lower unemployment vs a stagnant economy , tax increases and a lackluster performance compared to many other states. Then make your decision.

Look it isn't all bad. CT is still a great place to live in my opinion, certain areas provide great value and and some are showing more growth. But I think we can do better, and we have to do better to maintain what we have. I think the Democrats have had enough time, and enough opportunity to turn things around.
I'm glad crap gender equality, human rights violations, and murdering journalists are easy to ignore as we merrily keep selling weapons to SA. *sarcasm*

Old 11-01-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:

You do realize that those additional submarines predate Trump being elected as President. IF anything, those jobs should be credited to Obama whose administration started the expansion (just like the current economic climate). Jay

Old 11-01-2018, 09:37 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,440,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
You do realize that those additional submarines predate Trump being elected as President. IF anything, those jobs should be credited to Obama whose administration started the expansion (just like the current economic climate). Jay
I was going to say i know people working on sub projects at EB. Those projects have been planned well before the 2016 election. The Dems representing CT aren't that stupid they tend to vote for any military spending that might send jobs our way.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:39 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,440,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
It is air tight because Malloy has soiled the Democrats brand.

Below 15% is almost ten percent below Christie's lowest rating ever.

Used car salesman territory.
There was a quote from a pundit on NPR yesterday that if your a R in CT you need to deduct 2 points from any polling numbers you get because voter turnout almost always favors blue in CT. I gather Malloy was in a dead heat or behind Foley at times in the polls but due to better D voter turnout programs he still won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut