Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 11:33 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,349,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbeer View Post
If Connecticut votes for another Democrat, they deserve the catastrophe that results. Higher taxes, more companies leaving the state, a depressed economy and more goodies for labor unions.
I am 99.9% sure a Republican will be the next Governor and I will tell you why. I am going to take a lot of flak for this next statement but here it goes. I am an Independent. I voted for Malloy twice. It was voters like me that put Malloy in for a second term because I just could not stomach Foley. Even if the Democrats put up Jesus I will be voting Republican.

The Democrats have screwed up SO BAD they leave me with no choice but to go with the Republican. I will also be voting Republican across the board for all CT races. First time in CT I will be doing that.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:49 AM

504 posts, read 384,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
I am 99.9% sure a Republican will be the next Governor and I will tell you why. I am going to take a lot of flak for this next statement but here it goes. I am an Independent. I voted for Malloy twice. It was voters like me that put Malloy in for a second term because I just could not stomach Foley. Even if the Democrats put up Jesus I will be voting Republican.

The Democrats have screwed up SO BAD they leave me with no choice but to go with the Republican. I will also be voting Republican across the board for all CT races. First time in CT I will be doing that.
Foley was not a good candiate and the GOP should of known better. They could of easily won the last election with Boughton or Fasano at the of the top of the ticket. Regardless Malloy won by the skin of his teeth despite having Foley for the GOP side. That right there tells you that even a bad GOP candidate can almost beat out Malloy. Surely an ominous sign for the dems next election.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:09 AM

610 posts, read 533,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post

I think there is a lot of truth to this. Combined with people like me who haven't been too diligent about voting recently there's a good chance political power in CT may change, at least for a while. Whether it does any good is another question. With the state union concession deal approved, there isn't much that can be done about finances except figure what taxes can be raised, which will hurt the Dems more since the Republicans won't have any of it. This isn't too likely to change.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:05 AM

845 posts, read 680,429 times
Lembo out of the race

Surprising. I would have voted for him. I like him a lot better than Drew.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:39 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,945,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ads94 View Post
Lembo out of the race

Surprising. I would have voted for him. I like him a lot better than Drew.
He realizes that with state employee deal and the current budget issues, the next governor is wading into a s--t storm.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
He realizes that with state employee deal and the current budget issues, the next governor is wading into a s--t storm.
As is customary for Connecticut's governors, kick the can down the road to the next guy. Rell did it the worst in recent memory. Maybe Malloy's special package for the next Gov will be as bad.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:13 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,456,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
This ! Honestly I'm not sure who would want to be governor in the current state. Any fix is guaranteed to **** of some portion of the electorate. It's almost a guaranteed single term job unless the other party puts up a complete fool (see Foley).

Old 09-02-2017, 01:25 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Malloy did NOTHING to strip away 2nd amendment rights. Anyone who passes a background check and isn't mentally ill can GET A GUN in CT! And no one needs high capacity magazines. It's interesting how most of the people who are angry about gun reform happen to be white men who simply think guns are cool. Shame on the United States for having more guns than people, in this nation.
It's death by 1,000 cuts. Nice way to stereotype there. It turns out even some liberal feminists see what is happening with ever stricter gun control:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MYU5Pipl1E

Oh, and non-white men are noticing it, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Z-yplqRSg

Old 09-13-2017, 07:15 AM

Bhargava pitches herself as pro-business, progressive Democrat

Quote:
“People can leave, and companies can leave, then what do we do?” Bhargava said. Connecticut must bring in more revenue through economic growth, she said.
This is the first time I've heard of her. She immediately takes the top spot for my vote. I like the way she thinks. The state would be lucky to have her as Governor.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:31 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,945,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ads94 View Post
Bhargava pitches herself as pro-business, progressive Democrat

This is the first time I've heard of her. She immediately takes the top spot for my vote. I like the way she thinks. The state would be lucky to have her as Governor.
Interesting article. She seems certainly a better choice than Wyman or Drew.

She's right on tax policy. Its becoming abundantly clear is that a state tax policy based primarily upon income tax receipts does not work anymore. Its way too easy for the highest paying to spend 181 days somewhere else and not have to pay any income taxes. The Dems seem to realize this with the budget proposal to increase sales taxes and restaurant taxes but leave income taxes alone. A better plan would be to cut income taxes and raise sales taxes while also cutting spending, but we all know that's anathema to the Dems in Hartford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut