Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 10:34 PM

21,553 posts, read 27,794,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
That is not too bad actually the town I grew up in Ohio was about the same.
Don't think there's any place in Ohio as expensive as Darien.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 10:42 PM

13,992 posts, read 13,772,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Don't think there's any place in Ohio as expensive as Darien.
True richest town in Ohio is no where near as rich Darien not even close Westport or Greenwich. Connecticut highest income towns blew Ohio out of water.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:34 AM

1,546 posts, read 1,141,293 times
I'm wondering if I am the only one who is finding that this thread is bringing out the ugly thoughts, even if it is being done in jest.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:09 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,952,760 times
Terryville: "Nothing says loving like marrying your cousin."
Morris: "if we aren't farmers we're New Yorkers."
Waterbury: "At least we aren't Bridgeport."
Winsted: "Raggies and proud of it."

Old 06-18-2017, 05:59 AM

3,432 posts, read 3,911,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix2791 View Post
Bridgeport: Baltimore's little brother
Ha! I had always thought of Bridgeport as a poor man's Newark.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:15 AM

504 posts, read 381,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Is that a reference to family guy ? I remember they said something like Bridgeport, CT is the worst city in the US and "The Wire" was the best TV show ever. Not sure if both quotes are from the same episode though, as I didn't watch much family guy.

All joking aside, there's a section of Baltimore that looks exactly like the Broad St area of New Britain. I can't remember the street(s) names in Baltimore, but I'm fairly certain it can be seen in one of John Waters' films. Pink Flamingo maybe ?
Actually somebody had posted maybe a week or two ago that Baltimore was Bridgeport on steroids. Laughed at it, but at the same time it's sadly true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
The way the Reputation system works is as follows. As you accrue points you can receive and get a greater number of points. But, you are limited to the number of times you can Rep the same person and must Rep a certain number or percentage of other people first before you can repeat Rep someone. I think jay could explain this in more detail since he is a Moderator. In any event the post was damn funny. :-) I have not been to Baltimore in many years and hope it has improved some since the last time I was there.
LOL!!! Thought you meant you couldn't reply to me anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Ha! I had always thought of Bridgeport as a poor man's Newark.
Newark is Bridgeport's bigger brother as well, but still younger than Baltimore.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:17 AM

21,553 posts, read 27,794,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyMae521 View Post
I'm wondering if I am the only one who is finding that this thread is bringing out the ugly thoughts, even if it is being done in jest.
That is how stereotypes generally work

Old 06-18-2017, 12:14 PM

845 posts, read 672,437 times
Prospect: "Mayors change every couple years?"

Old 06-18-2017, 12:40 PM

79 posts, read 302,785 times
Trumbull: "An extension of the North End of Bridgeport"

Monroe: "The Italian Alps"
"The Saudi Arabia of raised ranches"
"North Haven without the charm"

Old 06-18-2017, 12:51 PM

6,295 posts, read 11,017,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
True richest town in Ohio is no where near as rich Darien not even close Westport or Greenwich. Connecticut highest income towns blew Ohio out of water.
There may be one here in the Cincinnati area. I think it is called Indian Hills. Since I am still relatively new to the area I don't know much about it. Heard a local radio talk show host mention that Indian Hills is the wealthiest city in OH and one of the richest in the nation. Don't really have the inclination right now to research this since I don't live there nor plan to any time in the future. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut