Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 10:13 AM

33,981 posts, read 17,011,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
. I refuse to deplete my savings more than a couple thousand, at this point.
So I assume you move home then in a few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 10:16 AM

34,897 posts, read 56,864,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
25 minutes in real life could be 90 minutes. You know this.

It's the biggest purchase of someone's life. Of course they should be picky. I am.
Were you as picky with your first home? I doubt it. I seem to remember you lived in Shelton and then later had a long commute so that you could get a nicer home for your money. A first time buyer usually needs to compromise something and then can upgrade as their fortunes improve. Nep was refusing to do that. Jay

Old 07-03-2017, 10:34 AM

21,611 posts, read 31,167,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Were you as picky with your first home? I doubt it. I seem to remember you lived in Shelton and then later had a long commute so that you could get a nicer home for your money. A first time buyer usually needs to compromise something and then can upgrade as their fortunes improve. Nep was refusing to do that. Jay
I was also 8 years younger than Nep when I purchased my first home. Huge difference in priorities.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I was also 8 years younger than Nep when I purchased my first home. Huge difference in priorities.
Nep was probably 8 years younger when he first started talking about buying a home. Still demanded a lot, maybe even more than today. Jay

Old 07-03-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Nep was probably 8 years younger when he first started talking about buying a home. Still demanded a lot, maybe even more than today. Jay
With what has happened since, it actually turned out well that he did not buy a house, which would have been disastrous given his intermittent work history.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
With what has happened since, it actually turned out well that he did not buy a house, which would have been disastrous given his intermittent work history.
But maybe if he had bought a condo/house he would not have been so quick to make the disastrous move to Columbus where his problems really started. Up until then he had a steady job with a good income. If he stayed there he likely would not be where he is today but that is getting off topic. Jay

Old 07-03-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
But maybe if he had bought a condo/house he would not have been so quick to make the disastrous move to Columbus where his problems really started.

Jay, I like you, even if we seldom agree, but really? A cable tv appointment mattered most to him in Ohio when he was already being admonished over time off. Long before the move, he was job-hopping, which is the root cause of his trouble. It demonstrates a lack of commitment to a career.

It was just a matter of when , not if, the career would implode.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:19 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,176,009 times
Quote:

Jay, I like you, even if we seldom agree, but really? A cable tv appointment mattered most to him in Ohio when he was already being admonished over time off. Long before the move, he was job-hopping, which is the root cause of his trouble. It demonstrates a lack of commitment to a career.

It was just a matter of when , not if, the career would implode.
JayCT is correct. I believe this individual liked the job and was in good standing with the employer, however was too overly obsessed with soccer moms in Stop and Shop talking about NYC, or a commute that actually wasn't that bad compared to what some people go through to get to Stamford from the never never regions and far outposts like Monroe/Trumbull/Strat-Milford.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
JayCT is correct. I believe this individual liked the job and was in good standing with the employer, however was too overly obsessed with soccer moms in Stop and Shop talking about NYC, or a commute that actually wasn't that bad compared to what some people go through to get to Stamford from the never never regions and far outposts like Monroe/Trumbull/Strat-Milford.
disagree. However we know the reality today.

As for op, I can understand why the poster feels broke at that income level in southwestern FFC.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:27 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,176,009 times
Quote:
disagree. .
I don't care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut