Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2017, 05:08 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

Raining and 33° here. Gees! Sometimes its so nice to be close to the coast. I see ice being reported not far north of me.

Warm front coming in but I wonder how long the cold will take to scour out in some spots. Might get stuck for a little.

Old 12-23-2017, 05:32 AM

BTW Guys......... don't forget......... Bad move by NWS doing away with the Freezing Rain Advisories. This morning is a great example

Old 12-23-2017, 05:44 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,510,896 times
You ready Cam? I am so excited.... lol

From NWS Boston.

.LONG TERM /SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY/... */ Highlights... - Snow expected around Monday morning, immediately windy after - Colder than average midweek with high pressure - Increasing signal of a Nor`Easter by the end of the month */ Overview... Holiday snows followed by nudging Arctic air associated with high pressure from the N/W along the SE periphery of which signal is building of a potential winter storm towards the end of December.

Tuesday through Thursday... Coldest air of the season. Persistent NW winds. Talking lows in the single digits to below zero. Highs in the teens and 20s. Wind chills roughly 5 to 10 degrees below observed temperatures at times. Ocean effect stratus lingering offshore. Friday onward... Potential Nor`Easter. Consistent signal as of late within ensemble means and CPC is highlighting the hazard threat in their 8-14 day forecast. So far out in the forecast, details highly uncertain. Wait till we get out of the present and holiday wintry weather, then we will have the opportunity to entertain a more thorough discussion.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
You ready Cam? I am so excited.... lol.

Yup... Bring it on..

Old 12-23-2017, 06:48 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
You ready Cam? I am so excited.... lol

From NWS Boston.

.LONG TERM /SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY/... */ Highlights... - Snow expected around Monday morning, immediately windy after - Colder than average midweek with high pressure - Increasing signal of a Nor`Easter by the end of the month */ Overview... Holiday snows followed by nudging Arctic air associated with high pressure from the N/W along the SE periphery of which signal is building of a potential winter storm towards the end of December.

Tuesday through Thursday... Coldest air of the season. Persistent NW winds. Talking lows in the single digits to below zero. Highs in the teens and 20s. Wind chills roughly 5 to 10 degrees below observed temperatures at times. Ocean effect stratus lingering offshore. Friday onward... Potential Nor`Easter. Consistent signal as of late within ensemble means and CPC is highlighting the hazard threat in their 8-14 day forecast. So far out in the forecast, details highly uncertain. Wait till we get out of the present and holiday wintry weather, then we will have the opportunity to entertain a more thorough discussion.
Weather channel completely took it out of the forecast.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Euro and GFS overnight keep it too far off shore. No snow for us. LMAO. Big storm still there but the Jet streams are merging too late for us. Canadian model still has it but nobody takes that seriously this far out and it sounds like TWC uses Euro or GFS or the blend of the 2.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:04 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
They took the snow out of the forecast for Christmas?? Or the later in the week storm? Just curious to know what the latest is for Christmas Day. Thanks

Old 12-23-2017, 07:20 AM

223 posts, read 172,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
BTW Guys......... don't forget......... Bad move by NWS doing away with the Freezing Rain Advisories. This morning is a great example
Sheet of ice this AM in Middletown. I agree- a freezing rain advisory would've served the public better. Some assume it was supposed to snow based on a "winter weather advisory", and when they see none on the ground, they walk about and slip on the sidewalk. Ask my neighbor about it!

Old 12-23-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
They took the snow out of the forecast for Christmas?? Or the later in the week storm? Just curious to know what the latest is for Christmas Day. Thanks

Snow will overspread the state Christmas Evening (after 8pm). Should be light.
Snow will continue overnight into Christmas Morning.

But stay on top of forecasts because new NAM model brings the coastal storm closer which means it would change to ice and rain for many of us Christmas morning. I don't wanna get hate mail. lol. Last minute changes stink

Old 12-23-2017, 07:27 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Snow will overspread the state Christmas Evening (after 8pm). Should be light.
Snow will continue overnight into Christmas Morning.

But stay on top of forecasts because new NAM model brings the coastal storm closer which means it would change to ice and rain for many of us Christmas morning. I don't wanna get hate mail. lol. Last minute changes stink
Ok thanks. I saw the forecast map on nbc this morning and for my town it was showing 3-6”. Was just confused when I saw the comment that the weather channel took it out of their forecast (wasn’t sure if the poster meant they took the Christmas storm out of the forecast, or the storm they were talking about for later in the week)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut