Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 04:08 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,026 times

Advertisements

Thanks Stylo! We love Ferris too and yes I think I've heard of Seven Seas. I wasn't sure of the name of the place near the beach, i just read that there is one. Maybe we will pass on that one when we go and check out seven seas instead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 04:18 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,179,613 times
I was just at South beach on MV today, the beach by the Edgar lighthouse, and chappy beach yesterday. This thread gives me the skeeves just thinking about CT beaches, yuck.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:06 PM

21,748 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
I was just at South beach on MV today, the beach by the Edgar lighthouse, and chappy beach yesterday. This thread gives me the skeeves just thinking about CT beaches, yuck.
I was there 3 weeks ago. Beautiful.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:47 AM

25 posts, read 28,843 times
Serious question -how are the sand fleas on any of these beaches? I was at Calf Pasture the other day and seemingly was the only one being attacked by them. The Norwalk friends I was with saw them squirming and jumping on my arms and legs and were very surprised that I was such a magnet when they had no issues whatsoever.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayTJY6 View Post
Serious question -how are the sand fleas on any of these beaches? I was at Calf Pasture the other day and seemingly was the only one being attacked by them. The Norwalk friends I was with saw them squirming and jumping on my arms and legs and were very surprised that I was such a magnet when they had no issues whatsoever.
I have not experienced them on the Milford beaches I frequent.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:26 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,943,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayTJY6 View Post
Never had a problem with sand fleas in CT. Now horse flies, that's a different story.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Never had a problem with sand fleas in CT. Now horse flies, that's a different story.
I've only seen those at Hammonasset, but it was pretty bad.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:44 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Btw, Walnut Beach Creamery is absolutely awesome (the only other ice cream place that compares, for me, is Ferris Acres in Newtown), but I'm not a huge fan of Lazy Lobster. Something about them just seems... unsanitary. But that's just me. A lot of people do like it, but you'll find mixed reviews on Yelp.

For a great lobster roll in Milford, my favorites are the Lobster Hut and Seven Seas. The Lobster Hut is a food truck on Route 1 near the entrance to Silver Sands. Seven Seas is downtown, and is a really rustic New England pub. Their lobster rolls were actually just featured on CBS Sunday Morning. They're huge and really good, one of my favorites anywhere.

Lobster rolls: Americans dig in - CBS News

Unfortunately they don't mention Seven Seas in the video, but do show it.
Other part of town but I love Captain's Catch lobster rolls by woodmont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut