Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2020, 06:21 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,559,456 times

Advertisements

Anybody here familiar with the new-ish apartments in Windsor, next to the train station? I go by them when on Amtrak or CT Rail to and from Springfield, MA. They look nice from the outside. Also, I think they've renovated a factory in Windsor Locks, between the tracks and the Connecticut River (off from the CT Route 140 bridge into East Windsor). All I know about Windsor Locks is that they're supposed to start building a new train station and put it in the factory's vicinity.

The Windsor building, going by it on May 14th:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2020, 08:45 AM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
I've ridden my bike on the trail past there, and they do look nice. Center of town was always a decent area. I am guessing the multi-colored thing is a new trend, they did the same thing in Glastonbury at the Flanagan property.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:26 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I've ridden my bike on the trail past there, and they do look nice. Center of town was always a decent area. I am guessing the multi-colored thing is a new trend, they did the same thing in Glastonbury at the Flanagan property.
It’s the current design trend. The reason they look similar is that both projects have the same developer. I believe they are also by the same architect but can’t confirm that. Jay

https://www.thetanneryglastonbury.com/

https://www.windsorctapts.com/

Old 05-24-2020, 12:00 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN_224 View Post
Anybody here familiar with the new-ish apartments in Windsor, next to the train station? I go by them when on Amtrak or CT Rail to and from Springfield, MA. They look nice from the outside. Also, I think they've renovated a factory in Windsor Locks, between the tracks and the Connecticut River (off from the CT Route 140 bridge into East Windsor). All I know about Windsor Locks is that they're supposed to start building a new train station and put it in the factory's vicinity.

The Windsor building, going by it on May 14th:
The developer of Windsor Station in Windsor, Martin Kenney of Lexinton Partners, is very well respected. He is behind some of the regions best apartments. I believe they are fully rented. Windsor Center is pretty nice and has some nice shops and restaurants which is why these apartments are so popular.

Windsor Locks is an unproven market for renters. The downtown area isn’t quite as nice but it has potential. I’m assuming that the rents there are lower but haven’t really checked. Jay

Old 05-26-2020, 06:38 AM

537 posts, read 330,690 times
The old Montgomery building in Windsor Locks is nice. My sister-in-law was going to rent there last year, but their apartment wasn't ready in time for her when she needed to move to the area. There is the canal trail and I think a dog park right next to it. There is a CVS, Dunkin Donuts, and Subway across the street. A short .5 mile walk down the street is Dexter's Plaza has a Job Lot, Autozone, Bank, and Brew Pub.

There is a commuter lot with Bus to Hartford near the current train station which is in South Windsor Locks. Not sure when the new train station will be built. My parents are retired there, they have low property taxes. They are also actively trying to do a lot of new development in that downtown area to attract younger renters. There are also a lot 2/3-family rentals in the neighborhoods in that area too.

I grew up in Windsor before they put those apartments in, but the town green has always been nice and they do a lot of community things there. Most notably the Shad Derby every year (except this year of course). There is a tavern, a bakery, CVS, post office right there too. A short walk away is Bart's for hotdog hamburgers type of food. Also where Bear's BBQ first joint was before they opened their own location standalone locations in Hartford and Poquonok part of Windsor.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:05 PM

It looks like stuff will start happening come fall.

https://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...-train-station

Old 05-28-2020, 04:31 AM

4,537 posts, read 6,795,938 times
The Windsor Station apartments are quite nice. I've talked to people who live there and they love it. There are 11 restaurants, a coffee shop, CVS, hardware store, and a Geissler's supermarket as well as banks, barber shops/hair salons, dentists offices, etc. all within a few blocks.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:40 AM

Plus I've seen the CT Transit #36 bus serving the train station. It doesn't run on weekends, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut