Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 07:16 AM

1,929 posts, read 2,039,024 times

Advertisements

WiFi calling definitely works with Android.

We have found recently that AT&T has better coverage in the more rural parts of Western CT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 07:38 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,179,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBosch View Post
Hi Jay, I had no service at all at Barcelona restaurant which is right off the Merritt Parkway in Fairfield, also no signal in lower Easton with Verizon, on multiple occasions.
Rt 58 up into Easton is a notorius dead zone, just don't look or buy there.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:26 AM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBosch View Post
Hi Jay, I had no service at all at Barcelona restaurant which is right off the Merritt Parkway in Fairfield, also no signal in lower Easton with Verizon, on multiple occasions.
Really? I am by Barcelona a lot and don't have trouble. I have friends that live just south of there (Lake Hills) and they don't have problems either. Can't comment on Easton though. Jay

Old 09-13-2017, 08:55 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,510,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
I just did a quick Google search and yes, you can do wifi calling with Androids too. There are lots of online instructions, including from the carriers (Verizon, ATT) themselves. It's also useful in office buildings and other places notorious for uneven cell service.
On a related note. Verizon wifi calling/texting also works outside the usa in other countries now.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:39 PM

73 posts, read 94,097 times
I live in Weston and both AT&T and Verizon have excellent service here since the new cell tower at the town dump was added a few years ago. Weston has very few dead spots whereas Wilton and New Canaan do.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:34 PM

504 posts, read 384,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
WiFi calling definitely works with Android.

We have found recently that AT&T has better coverage in the more rural parts of Western CT
I can certainly attest to this as I have used AT&T in many rural areas out that way. Coverage wise I would say AT&T has a slight advantage over Verizon in CT, but are way ahead of Tmobile and Sprint.
Quote:
I just did a quick Google search and yes, you can do wifi calling with Androids too. There are lots of online instructions, including from the carriers (Verizon, ATT) themselves. It's also useful in office buildings and other places notorious for uneven cell service.
Not sure about Android phones, but wifi calling works flawlessly on my iPhone.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:10 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,419,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix2791 View Post
I can certainly attest to this as I have used AT&T in many rural areas out that way. Coverage wise I would say AT&T has a slight advantage over Verizon in CT, but are way ahead of Tmobile and Sprint.
It very much depends where you are in CT. Where I live east of the CT River, AT&T is awful, Verizon is king.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:37 AM

504 posts, read 384,777 times
Quote:
It very much depends where you are in CT. Where I live east of the CT River, AT&T is awful, Verizon is king.
Yep location location.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:28 PM

15 posts, read 12,178 times
I have to agree with hvexpatinct. Definitely want to avoid Weston/Easton/Redding. Absolutely zero cell service and all three have nothing to do in them. I suggest you go to another town nearby such as Ridgefield, Bethel, or Wilton.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:52 AM

73 posts, read 94,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTInfo View Post
I have to agree with hvexpatinct. Definitely want to avoid Weston/Easton/Redding. Absolutely zero cell service and all three have nothing to do in them. I suggest you go to another town nearby such as Ridgefield, Bethel, or Wilton.
Actually, Weston has pretty good cell service almost throughout the town, thanks to having several cell towers in strategic locations. In my experience, cell phone coverage is actually much better than in Wilton. I know this because I drive through Weston and Wilton every day and know exactly where calls can and cannot be made along the route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut