Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 12:22 PM

570 posts, read 477,687 times

Advertisements

Just some feedback, loyal to Verizon and I had problems in Wilton library. 1 bar and no data available. Was pretty surprised as that is heart of town center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 02:38 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,945,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Yank View Post
Just some feedback, loyal to Verizon and I had problems in Wilton library. 1 bar and no data available. Was pretty surprised as that is heart of town center.
Yeah, Verizon coverage in Wilton is not as good as AT&T.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:43 PM

723 posts, read 1,005,106 times
Default A must have with spotty cell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBosch View Post
I'm looking to buy a house in Fairfield County and have been surprised to find that cell phone coverage is not "everywhere". Does anyone know if Easton and Weston CT have plans to add cell towers? If not, do the recommended "fixes" of using boosters and making cell calls via wifi really work? I have found large dead zones in Stamford, Easton, even Fairfield. In 2017 this is a decision maker when buying real estate.
Is another phone like a VOIP phone from your ISP or an actual land line.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:24 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
I have TMobile on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and I work some of the time in a school that blocks cell signals but has awesome WiFi. WiFi calling used to suck when it was first introduced but I use it all the time now when I'm there. You'll likely be fine.

Hard to believe in (almost) 2018 there are places outside of "super rural" areas (like northern Maine or the Adirondacks or the deserts of Nevada) that still lack cell service, especially places considered part of metropolitan areas.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:07 AM

15 posts, read 12,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
Nope. All depends. Was at a lake in Wilton a couple of weeks with friends who are members. They never get coverage there with verizon and were surprised I got perfect coverage there with ATT.
The simple fix is to look in more civilized areas, and avoid the wilderness of Weston Easton Redding
I would have to agree with this, avoid Weston, Easton, and Redding. I'd try some towns near these three such as Bethel or Trumbull. These are good areas where you are convenient to a good amount (more Trumbull). Depending on your age, you may find yourself bored in Weston, Easton, or Redding. If you do feel a need to go with one of these three towns though, I suggest Easton, however each are also very expensive.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:32 AM

1,195 posts, read 1,626,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Hard to believe in (almost) 2018 there are places outside of "super rural" areas (like northern Maine or the Adirondacks or the deserts of Nevada) that still lack cell service, especially places considered part of metropolitan areas.
It has nothing to do with being a metropolitan area or not, it’s to do with hilly topography necessitating more towers due to line of sight issues. And when the deep-pocketed people in those areas fight proposals for more towers. Bad combination.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:08 AM

73 posts, read 94,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTInfo View Post
I would have to agree with this, avoid Weston, Easton, and Redding. I'd try some towns near these three such as Bethel or Trumbull. These are good areas where you are convenient to a good amount (more Trumbull). Depending on your age, you may find yourself bored in Weston, Easton, or Redding. If you do feel a need to go with one of these three towns though, I suggest Easton, however each are also very expensive.
Ok - once again - as an actual resident of Weston I can assure you that Weston has better cell coverage than most of the surrounding towns and significantly better service than for example New Canaan. One of the main reasons is the NIMBY attitude in many Fairfield county towns which makes it difficult to build cell towers. Weston, however, solved this problem by building a tower at the town dump ("recycling center") which happens to sit quite high and gives excellent coverage. Please stick to facts when discussing this topic. Whether you would find Weston "boring" has nothing to do with cell phone coverage. Personally, I find living within a 5-10 minutes easy drive to Westport, Wilton or Fairfield while enjoying peace and quiet is an incredibly attractive proposition. Plus Weston has, arguably, the best schools in Fairfield County.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:50 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
It has nothing to do with being a metropolitan area or not, it’s to do with hilly topography necessitating more towers due to line of sight issues. And when the deep-pocketed people in those areas fight proposals for more towers. Bad combination.
Got it, thanks!

Old 01-19-2018, 09:22 AM

11 posts, read 9,384 times
Just wanted to post an update. I learned that Easton will be getting a new cell tower in 2018, not far from the elementary school, with the goal to provide coverage to the central part of the town which now has many completely dead zones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut