Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 10:30 AM

247 posts, read 231,035 times

Advertisements

Please share your experience and opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 11:04 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunFlower33 View Post
We have bought a few (very few) things from them. Their Bobopedic matrasses are very good for the price. We also bought a television cabinet/stand that was surprisingly good. That said though much of the rest of their furniture is cheaply made and will not last long IMHO. I would not buy anything that I wanted to last more than a few years. That would include couches, chairs, bedroom sets, dinning room sets, etc. Of course others may have different opinions but when we want to buy good furniture, we go elsewhere and pay a bit more for better quality. Jay

Old 10-12-2017, 11:59 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunFlower33 View Post

We've bought leather couches and recliners from there as well as fabric couches and recliners

No complaints for the price but will say the fabric and leather easily tears after 5yrs. 10 yrs later I still have some of the furniture from there though.

I would also recommend checking between the seats for support on non pull out couches.

Here's what I mean... I have to put something between there because there's so much of a gap its uncomfortable sitting or lying down on it. I do use a couch cover as well.

and here's the tear on the recliner. This set is now 10yrs old.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:09 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Oh, also bought a Dining room set. Table is great (but so heavy) but the chairs aren't good. Ripping in spots and springs are lowering underneath (I'm under 180lbs)

Also 10 yrs old.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:45 PM

249 posts, read 354,604 times
Miserable. We bought a microfiber couch & chair that lasted about 7 years. We bought a "leather" chair and half three years ago and the "leather" is peeling off. I won't buy from there again. That said, the couch/chair were under 1K and the chair and half was maybe $350. So, I guess you get what you pay for. I'd try Raymour & Flaningan or Pilgrim.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:58 PM

10,091 posts, read 14,959,511 times
The best furniture tends to be those made in the USA. American manufacturers tend to not have their own stores, so you will find their stuff in various chain stores. Simply walk into the stores and tell the salesperson to show you American made stuff. It can get pricey, but it will last you decades and it's very well made.

Imported furniture tends to fall in the extremes. They are either very cheap (usually made in China or Vietnam) or extremely expensive (usually made in Italy, Spain, France...). Where you find one type of imported furniture you will not find the other type. Most chain stores do offer American made furniture too, but usually in the furniture stores where the imported stuff is from China the American made stuff tends to be their most expensive pieces.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:09 PM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
It’s a mixed bag for me.

Got a terrible sofa that barely lasted 5 years before it looked like a Salvation Army special.

The sectional in our media room is by Klausner (resold by Bob’s and a good quality brand) and is awesome. 11+ years old and just starting to look a bit tired. Very sturdy. It’s the Libre.

Mattress, ok. Nothing special, but a good deal.

Most of their stuff is super ugly and cheap looking. I’m over buying from them and IKEA. It’s mostly temporary furniture.

I’ve been happy with RH, Crate & Barrell, West Elm, and Ashley’s. And interestingly enough some of my favorite leather chairs ever are from Target.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:15 PM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Also, their warranty is a SCAM. You’ll wait hours (literally) on the phone for someone. And if you don’t give up, it’s a convoluted process (with a fax required!) to prove ownership. And then they’ll likely deny it anyway, like they did with my sofa that started squeaking when sitting on it after 1 year.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:07 PM

1,929 posts, read 2,039,711 times
I would go with Ikea before Bob's honestly.

We also have had good luck with Macy's - our current upholstered set is from there and has held up well for 12 years.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:19 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,312,539 times
Bob's doesn't have reliable furniture. You get what you pay for...so the prices that Bob's claims as a good deal, is nothing short of a fallacy because they're cheap for a reason. Their commercials are terrible too. Almost as bad as the Silas Deane Pawn Shop commercials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut