Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 06:00 PM

4 posts, read 13,127 times

Advertisements

Hi Friends,
I am planning to move to connecticut and my workplace would be in plainville,ct area.I am looking for an apartment with Indian community near Plainville/New Britain/Newington area.Kindly let me know the same.Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 06:32 PM

712 posts, read 530,438 times
Rocky hill has a ton of Indians.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:42 PM

417 posts, read 600,760 times
rocky hill, newington, west hartford, and farmington all have a good sized indian population and a decent amount of rentals.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:34 PM

Thanks a ton.Kindly name a few apartments if you know them

Old 11-01-2017, 02:54 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassselva View Post

If you will be working in Plainville, Rocky Hill will be your best choice. In addition to having lots of Indians in town Rocky Hill also has 2 Indian restaurants and one Indian grocery store.

You can check out these apartments both in Rocky Hill

Apartments for Rent in Rocky Hill, CT | Elms Commons Apartments - Home

Apartments for Rent in Rocky Hill, CT | Stepny Place Apartments - Home

I would choose elm commons over the other one. Prices are probably very similar and both will provide a decent ride/commute to Plainville. (elm commons would have a slightly better commute time).

There is a big grocery store across the street from elm commons that you can walk to. There are also a number of stores like coffee shop, florist, pharmacy, hair salon, bank(s), walk-in clinic for healthcare, etc within walking distance of elm commons.

I define walking distance as anything a person can walk to within 15 minutes, your definition may be different.

If you have a car and are single perhaps what you can walk to won't matter, but I do see a lot of Indian women and children walking around the area of elm commons when the weather is good. There is certainly more Indian families living in elm commons vs Stepney Place. IMO Stepney Place is more geared towards single people.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
century hills (they are several apartment/condominium communities w/in century hills) in rocky hill is full of indians- at least it was up until 5-10 years ago. Many may have moved out now, though i don't doubt that there is a constant influx of indian renters in that complex.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the answer. One more quick question.Is there any indian apartments in Newington/farmington area.Can you please name a few? The reason for this question is i heard it is a schooling zone and i am also looking for putting my kid into a school next year.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:54 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Thanks for the answer. One more quick question.Is there any indian apartments in Newington/farmington area.Can you please name a few? The reason for this question is i heard it is a schooling zone and i am also looking for putting my kid into a school next year.
These three towns Newington, Farmington, and Rocky Hill all have good schools no need to worry about schools.

I'm not aware of any apts in Newington or Farmington with a big Indian population, but you would want to avoid Farmington because the traffic thru the area is very bad and if you're working in Plainville most likely you would be driving on local roads - to and from work - instead of the highway.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Farmington does have a significantly better school district than rocky hill and newington, however the latter have fine schools as well. If your kids are at the elementary level it shouldn't really matter (arguably it shouldn't matter at any level of education, provided your child is motivated and you provide the necessary tools for success).

As @MrGompers mentioned farmington does have quite a bit of traffic (mainly on route 4 and 6). I don't think that you should rule out the town on that basis, though, as it borders plainville and traffic should be smoother east-west and south-north (towards plainville) than west-east and south-north (towards hartford).

Old 11-03-2017, 08:44 AM

Thanks Sri!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut