Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 711 times

Advertisements

Does this exist? Ideally I would like to spend $1000/mo or less but my absolute max would be $1200 and that would need to include heat and hot water. I'm a responsible female but own a small dog which limits my options. Should be within 20 minutes of Hartford but not in Hartford. Mill rate is too high and I don't have faith that state reimbursing cities for motor vehicle taxes will last. Preferably not in a sketchy area. Craigslist has a lot of fake ads, many apartment complexes are outrageously expensive, and ratings on apartment websites are skewed to the negative, just seeing if anyone has any recommendations.

Last edited by wontyoubemyneighbor6; 02-06-2018 at 01:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 02:11 PM

21,760 posts, read 28,094,478 times
You can filter "pet-friendly" on Zillow and many other apartment searching sites. Try putting in your criteria and you'll at least start to get some options.

Most areas around Hartford are very safe, and you only have to worry about select neighborhoods in Hartford. North End, Frog Hollow, and a few other areas are to generally be avoided. Others will have more specifics.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:52 PM

1,929 posts, read 2,040,797 times
Look in Manchester and Middletown. Middletown Brooke is pet friendly and probably in that price range.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:03 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Your budget is a bit low for a dog friendly apartment in a complex that close to Hartford. Most complexes will add a monthly fee onto the rent for tenants with dogs or they will charge more in rent. They mostly appear to end up costing over $1,000 per month. Remember too that many complexes will charge you additional fees for things like garbage so be certain to know what all of these are going to be before you sign a lease.

Your 20 minute commute kind of limits you to the towns immediately abutting Hartford including Wethersfield, Newington, West Hartford, Bloomfield, Windsor and East Hartford. You might have better luck finding a place by looking for a unit in a two family home or condo in one of these towns. We do have a regular poster here who owns a number of rental properties in the area. Maybe they will have a suggestion. Good luck, Jay

Old 02-06-2018, 03:05 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,723,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
Look in Manchester and Middletown. Middletown Brooke is pet friendly and probably in that price range.
Middletown may be within 20 miles of Hartford, but not likely within 20 minutes of it. I would suggest filtering your online search to Newington and the Elmwood section of West Hartford (06110 zip code) where rentals are more affordable. Just to the north of Hartford is Windsor. There are plenty of apartments and multifamily houses there, but I'd suggest staying north of Route 218. Area south of it is Wilson, the southernmost neighborhood of Windsor that abuts Hartford's North End, the city's most crime-ridden section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut