Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 02:07 PM

3 posts, read 16,056 times

Advertisements

Hi
We are moving to Connecticut next month, can someone suggest the good place for apartment, with good Indian community,preschools near Bridgeport, CT. Really appreciated your help. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 02:16 PM

13,955 posts, read 13,716,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpothineni View Post
Hi
We are moving to Connecticut next month, can someone suggest the good place for apartment, with good Indian community,preschools near Bridgeport, CT. Really appreciated your help. Thank you.
Welcome to Connecticut !

Bridgeport area is one most of expensive areas in country and most expensive in CT. You can find decent amount of Indian communities in Norwalk and Stamford but they are very pricey.

What is your budget ? Rent prices etc...
Are you planning to have kids or have kids currently ?
Is your job in Bridgeport ?

Old 02-01-2018, 02:20 PM

Hi BPt111,

Thanks for response.

Yes i have a one kid and my Job in Bridgeport. I have budget 1200.
Kid needs a preschool also. looking for having good Indian Telugu community.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:33 PM

13,955 posts, read 13,716,786 times
Quote:
Hi BPt111,

Thanks for response.

$1200 is very tight budget for Bridgeport area I would recommended looking at Stratford schools bit better than Bridgeport. Stratford I would avoid areas around Barnum ave and Honeyspot road. Bridgeport I look into Black Rock and North End stay west of Main Street, north of North Ave. Milford is good option also I found some $1200 rents there. It not necessary large Indian community you will meet other people who live and work in area or college

Old 02-01-2018, 03:03 PM

How about New haven, CT ? is this good place to live with my required things.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:10 PM

34,630 posts, read 56,360,262 times
Quote:
How about New haven, CT ? is this good place to live with my required things.
New Haven is kind of far from Bridgeport and you would have to deal with traffic during peak hours which can be slow.

I always recommend living as close to your job as possible. I agree that with kids in school you should avoid Bridgeport.

Stratford is a good suggestion in your price range but even there it is a bit low. You could even check Milford but again your budget will get you a very modest apartment there. Jay

Old 02-09-2018, 10:40 AM

362 posts, read 770,985 times
Hello! There is a strong Indian community throughout Connecticut. Here is an active website; perhaps they can guide you toward a neighborhood that will work for your family:

CT DESI Connecticut Indians Community Web Site

Old 02-09-2018, 12:03 PM

4,383 posts, read 3,261,493 times
Quote:
Hi BPt111,

Thanks for response.

I live in a town that borders Bridgeport. A lot of the people I met that work in the Bridgeport area live in the towns up the route 8 connector such as Derby, Ansonia, Oxford and Seymour. It is much more affordable than the towns along the shoreline such as Stratford and Milford. Route 8 is a better commute than I-95 and the Parkway too.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:46 PM

413 posts, read 593,051 times
it will be hard to find good rentals with that budget around bridgeport (perhaps in bridgeport itself you will, but I wouldn't recommend renting in bpt). Shelton, Milford, or West Haven are your best bets. All have quite a few indian/south indian families, West Haven in particular.

other towns around bridgeport (but not really in your budget) with an active indian community are orange, trumbull, and fairfield.

if you are willing to look a bit further in communities that don't have many indians (but close to communities that do) derby/ansonia (which border shelton/milford/orange) might work. they will probably have more rentals in your budget.

Last edited by RiskReturn; 02-09-2018 at 08:55 PM..

Old 02-10-2018, 02:02 AM

21,467 posts, read 27,712,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
I live in a town that borders Bridgeport. A lot of the people I met that work in the Bridgeport area live in the towns up the route 8 connector such as Derby, Ansonia, Oxford and Seymour. It is much more affordable than the towns along the shoreline such as Stratford and Milford. Route 8 is a better commute than I-95 and the Parkway too.
95 from Milford to Bridgeport is generally pretty low traffic. Not much different than Route 8 really. Some days I drive to Fairfield Metro at around 8am and slow downs are rare.

Stratford, Shelton, or Milford are good options. Apartment will be modest but doable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut