U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2008, 05:02 PM

27 posts, read 37,104 times

Advertisements

I am writing for my daughter who teaches at Yale and no longer wants to live in New Haven.

She has about $250,000 to spend on a condo.

I have never been to Milford but have been told it is nice.

Would appreciate any advice on Milford and where she should look for a condo. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 10:39 AM

46 posts, read 171,901 times
I have been a lifelong resident and there really is not a bad part to Milford. It is convenient to Bridgeport and New Haven, and also about 45 minutes to New York. If she is looking for a Condo, the city is split into parts. There is the downtown area, Devon and Woodmont. Woodmont end (closer to West Haven) has been kept up with the times more than Devon and as such, home prices are a small bit higher towards Woodmont.

As far as shopping goes, they recently added a Target, Circuit City, Lowes and Walmart. There is little in shopping Milford does not have.

The city has never been a big area for crime (although car break-ins has been an increasing issue lately).

Plenty of public and private beaches. My wife fell in love with Milford (she is from the New London area) after I took her to a couple of the beaches.

I would love to try to answer direct questions you have on Milford, so feel free to let me know.

The commute to Yale is extremely easy as I did a simular commute going to Southern CT State U for my college years.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:46 AM

31,888 posts, read 50,172,846 times
Milford is a great small suburban city with a lot of different housing options. Not sure what your daughter will get for $250k there. check realtor.som for listings in that price range. Jay

Old 03-24-2008, 11:55 AM

8 posts, read 50,369 times
Hi,

As a Milford Resident for over 19 years there are many condo options in Milford. Foxwood is one that comes to mind for that price range. It is near the post road closer to Orange so it would be a easy commute to I-95. Prices are in the high $100K to mid $200K depending on size and condition.

You could check out CTMLS - Home where you can search all CT listings..

Old 03-24-2008, 12:21 PM

53 posts, read 246,599 times
Default Look for the house listed on Cinnomon Road

Hi,

Look for the house on Cinnomon Road
This complex is full of young people who are starting out with kids etc. There is a house for sale on Cinnomon Road for $250000..if you could get it, it would be best bang for your buck. The problem is houses gets snached away pretty quickly in this complex and you won't believe this , but you can check on zillow...condos here have maintained their prices...actually it is stable at 250000$ for right now. I am a young milford resident with a wife and a 1 year old son, we just love it here...close to shopping, beaches and major highways, rail....nice downtown , its an hidden jewel if you ask me...

If you have any more direct question, do let me know...

Good Luck,CoolStrom

Old 03-24-2008, 04:41 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,373,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnas57 View Post
You could check out CTMLS - Home where you can search all CT listings..
Just a word of caution...Southwestern Connecticut has opted not to participate in the Statewide MLS or its public site (ctreal.com). This might change in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>