Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 08:09 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,523,637 times

Advertisements

Aunt moved herself, two daughters, and the whole extended family to around Ft Lauderdale to get out of the snow. Every time we talk she complains about the heat. I tell her she overshot the landing and should have landed in NC, at the coast.
"Come for the heat; stay for the humidity"

Old 03-05-2018, 08:40 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,184,400 times
While we are debating the numbers and what we deem insignificant or not.
This much is clear.
CT is not growing it's population. We are not even flat.
We are losing some.
Meanwhile our debt is growing. We need more people and jobs in CT just to support the legacy costs.
Let that sink in.
We have an ever growing amount of debt, and less people to pay the tab.
As we increase the tab per individual, more will be motivated/ forced to leave.
Your money doesn't love you, and math doesn't lie.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:43 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
While we are debating the numbers and what we deem insignificant or not.
This much is clear.
CT is not growing it's population. We are not even flat.
We are losing some.
Meanwhile our debt is growing. We need more people and jobs in CT just to support the legacy costs.
Let that sink in.
spot on

Old 03-05-2018, 10:10 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,346,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
Let that sink in.
I agree, the pensions mess needs to be dealt with. It's coming from the pensions.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:55 AM

1,241 posts, read 902,278 times
It was a direct reply to your post asking for a source. Seems to have everything to do with your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
So it has nothing to do with my post. Jay

Old 03-06-2018, 07:01 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,676,743 times
My whole family left CT years ago. Me, my siblings, my parents, my grandmother, and my aunt's whole family. It's sad I don't have any familial connections to CT anymore; I'd love a free place to stay lol. I miss New England but not the horrible economy, high taxes, and weather.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:04 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,378,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Aunt moved herself, two daughters, and the whole extended family to around Ft Lauderdale to get out of the snow. Every time we talk she complains about the heat. I tell her she overshot the landing and should have landed in NC, at the coast.
"Come for the heat; stay for the humidity"
We are looking at Calabash or Sunset Beach......Leland has drinking water issues.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:10 AM

14,054 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones17 View Post
My whole family left CT years ago. Me, my siblings, my parents, my grandmother, and my aunt's whole family. It's sad I don't have any familial connections to CT anymore; I'd love a free place to stay lol. I miss New England but not the horrible economy, high taxes, and weather.
I like Connecticut because close location to NYC and nice trip to Eastern CT, Northwest Hills, Yale and East Rock area of New Haven. I prefer the 4 seasons weather not desert heat where everyone headed to. I dislike government, taxes, job market, depressed cities.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:35 AM

486 posts, read 516,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
I like Connecticut because close location to NYC and nice trip to Eastern CT, Northwest Hills, Yale and East Rock area of New Haven. I prefer the 4 seasons weather not desert heat where everyone headed to. I dislike government, taxes, job market, depressed cities.
I am starting to realize the reason why I have trouble liking it here is the fact that I HATE NYC.. everything about it. I have hated every minute I have ever been in the city in my life. It just feels off to me. I wouldnt be upset if they evacuated the city and burned it to the ground. It seems like everyone who loves CT, loves NYC. To me, proximity to NYC is a con.. now I have to deal with their self entitled jerk drivers.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:43 AM

14,054 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottamemnon View Post
I am starting to realize the reason why I have trouble liking it here is the fact that I HATE NYC.. everything about it. I have hated every minute I have ever been in the city in my life. It just feels off to me. I wouldnt be upset if they evacuated the city and burned it to the ground. It seems like everyone who loves CT, loves NYC. To me, proximity to NYC is a con.. now I have to deal with their self entitled jerk drivers.
Baby Boomers dislike NYC and cities in general but new young generation appreciate cities that why NYC is getting better and cities across country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut