Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2018, 07:42 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,633,538 times

Advertisements

Round 5 Draw Procedures

Hey All, I hope you are all enjoying this tournament, and excited for Round 5. I will do the draw for Round 5 very soon, but before I start, I will explain the procedures on how it will work. There will be seeding in this round, and Seeding is based on the vote difference from Round 4, just like how the previous rounds were seeded.

No ties in Round 4, but we do have an odd number of towns, so the town that has the largest vote difference will automatically advance to Round 6. That town is Branford.

Advances to Round 6
Branford

Seeded Towns
Litchfield
New Haven
Milford
Old Saybrook
Guilford

Unseeded Towns
Madison
Fairfield
Westport
Stonington
Glastonbury

So I am about to start the draw now, and hopefully it won't take more than 15 min. Expect the Round 5 fixtures to be posted in 15-30 min. WHO IS READY FOR ROUND 5????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 07:52 PM

Default Round 5

Hey All,
Here are the Round 5 Fixtures. Now we are talking serious business here. All the towns left are forum favorites and this might be one of the toughest phases of the whole tournament. Have Fun!!!!

Round 5

Deadline: Sunday, May 6 at 8:00pm CT Time.

Note: Branford will automatically advance to Round 6 as the town with the largest vote difference.

Milford vs Glastonbury

New Haven vs Madison

Fairfield vs Old Saybrook

Stonington vs Guilford

Westport vs Litchfield

So there we have it. Who is READY to VOTE in Round 5!!!! Because we these are really tough fixtures, make sure to explain your reasoning behind some votes, as I feel these fixtures will really twist and turn back and fourth until the final day.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:01 PM

980 posts, read 597,917 times
Glastonbury

You can't do this one to me. Literally me from not to long ago: "I could see myself voting for either New Haven or Madison." These 2 are my favorites in the state (other than Fairfield)!
I'm torn. People, please give reasons why I should vote for each.

FAIRFIELD

Stonington

Litchfield

Old 04-29-2018, 08:01 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Tough ones. I just spent a bunch of time in New Haven and just appreciating the beauty, history, architecture... had to vote over Madison, which is one of my favorite towns. Guilford vs Stonington was very hard. The only easy one was Milford. Not just because I live there, but because of the historic homes, location/train access, downtown, and coastline. Glastonbury is a nice town though.

Milford

New Haven

Old Saybrook

Guilford

Litchfield

Old 04-29-2018, 08:05 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Milford vs Glastonbury

New Haven vs Madison

Stonington vs Guilford

Westport vs Litchfield

Old 04-29-2018, 08:09 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,625,262 times
Milford vs Glastonbury

New Haven vs Madison

Stonington vs Guilford

Westport vs Litchfield

Old 04-29-2018, 08:10 PM

Here are Mine:

Round 5

Milford vs Glastonbury: Oh My Goodness, in case you do not all know, our two forum moderators are facing each other here. Stylo's Milford against Jay's Glastonbury. This will be extremely interesting. For me though, I love both towns and are arguably the two towns with the largest shopping centers and food places. Milford is definitely slightly larger in that aspect. However though I am afraid I will have to go for Glastonbury. I enjoy all the amenities in Milford, but Route 1 can often get very congested in Milford, and it is probably one of the most crowded towns in the state because of all the amenities. I'd say the only towns that appear more crowded are the major cities in the state. Milford does have the coast but the beaches are not the best in that area honestly. Glastonbury on the other hand is my favorite inland town in CT, and while part of it has a lot of amenities, most of the southern part of the town has a huge forest feeling with so many trees and woods. I love forests and it is pretty hard to beat, so I am going for Glastonbury.

New Haven vs Madison: Also a very tough fixture. New Haven has a lot to offer as a major city with lots of nightlife, and I would take New Haven over many towns, but not Madison I'm afraid. Madison just has too much of a stunning coastline and has some of the most stunning areas in CT. The country club is amazing, and the northern rural parts are also very nice. Schools are arguably best in the state.

Fairfield vs Old Saybrook: This is KILLING ME. You ask me this daily, you could probably here a different answer from me every day. Could depend very well on what mood I am in. While both towns are very different from each other, they are so on par with each other in terms of likeness for me. Fairfield as well has so much amenities and is a huge upscale suburb of both NYC and New Haven. Old Saybrook's location makes it a beautiful town as well and the fact that it borders the CT River and the ocean makes it have somewhat of an island/peninsula feeling a little. However, I am afraid overall I'd probably choose Old Saybrook most of the time. With all the good things Fairfield has to offer, it can get pretty congested at times, and moving on the freeways is almost always a nightmare. Old Saybrook is much less crowded and has a more coastal feeling, and therefore I am going to go with Old Saybrook.

Stonington vs Guilford: Again very tough. But Guilford is a few steps above Stonington overall.

Westport vs Litchfield: Easy compared to the other fixtures, but not too easy. Litchfield has some of the best green in the state, but going against Westport is not easy. Westport really is the only town in the western part of the state with a great coastline. You will not find any better coastlines that are west of New Haven. Westport is one of those towns where you can still not be too far from NYC and take a good beach holiday. The Saugatuck and Sherwood Point Shores are really nice places.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha830 View Post
I'm also trying to grasp at how Southbury beat Suffield (where I'm from).
As someone who is from Southbury and spent some time in Suffield, I don’t know what would make Suffield the clear winner there to you. Do I have an encyclopedic understanding of Suffield? No, but maybe I’m making my judgment based on just as little of the town as you are of Southbury. There are certainly good and not-so-good areas of most towns and it would be easy to make a judgment on too little. Doesn’t mean it’s not valid for the purposes of the poll though, it’s just for fun.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
The only easy one was Milford. Not just because I live there, but because of the historic homes, location/train access, downtown, and coastline. Glastonbury is a nice town though.
You know it your Milford against Jay's Glastonbury. Two forum mods face each other!!!!

Last edited by Danny K; 04-29-2018 at 08:25 PM..

Old 04-29-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
I agree with Stylo, I am surprised how well Newtown is performing against Guilford. Guilford still has a comfortable lead, but still somewhat surprised on how many votes Newtown is getting.
As you are someone who voted for Union (yes, seriously?) over Roxbury in the first round, I know to disregard your opinions about every other town in the state.

Nice to have someone doing this poll for us though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut