Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 03:58 PM

331 posts, read 207,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE72 View Post
There isn’t any way to calculate how many illegals are coming, going, staying , coming back 3 to 4 times after they are deported and whatever. When plans were announced to add citizenship status to the census questions the Democrats started their usual rants of racism, bigotry and hate . Even though it was there before.

The ESTIMATES are 100.000 in this state . The estimated cost to taxpayers is one billion dollars a year. Those are not facts. The 5th largest economy doesn’t mean much when 40,000 are living in tents in downtown LA, in conditions that people from other parts of the world call third world. That isn’t anything to be proud of.

Democrats are all about the environment, climate change but they turn their backs on the environmental and health damage being done by homeless encampments. Right now, there are deadly communicable diseases within these encampments, and they are spreading to the general population. San Francisco has had to shut down BART stations time after time to clean the filth from the the homeless using them as toilets.

Is this the future you would like for CT ? The demographics of the future for CT will resemble that if Democrats continue with their ideology here.

The illegals coming here recently are not from Mexico. It has shifted to Central Americans as their Governments can no longer offer their citizens a safe and productive future. The difference between the immigrants of the past, like Italians, as they quickly determined that they MUST learn English. By the third generation of those families, Italian was rarely spoken. In summary , the Italians, Germans, Polish and other immigrants assimilated into American society, and language was the first step.

This is just not true today. Progressive Democrats have made Spanish to be featured on signs , tests , you name it. Driver’s licenses may be offered in dozens of languages. This is the path of least resistance I spoke about in a previous post. When you roll out the red carpet, you encourage immigrants not to learn the language which is nearly essential to move up the socio-economic strata.

Minimum wage jobs, low income jobs are designed to be a stepping stone upwards to better opportunities. They are not designed for permanent employment where taxpayers have to support them with handouts to make ends meet. This is exactly the problem with Obama putting 7 million on Medicaid and calling it Health Care.Medicaid was designed for the indigent, the disabled, children and unwed mothers, you get the picture. It was not designed to be a supplement to low wage, low skill employment. It is just unaffordable to the nation, pure and simple.

Do you remember when cheap labor jobs were there for the taking for teenagers and summer employment? That opportunity for them has just about vanished, taken away by the permanent underclass installed by the policies of Progressive Democrats.

Like I said, you can try to dress it up and avoid the obvious, but if you want the demographics of CT in 2040 to resemble the near Third World conditions present in parts of California, follow the Democrats to the voting booth. Billions of dollars are taken out of America by illegals and sent back to their relatives back home. Without that supplement of American dollars, their economies might be close to collapse. Mexico has gone downhill , and even the bread and butter tourism industry is under threat because of crime , violence and decay. Have you been there recently, and where you there 30 years ago to compare ? Crime and corruption are rampant. American tourists are being beaten robbed and poisoned with tainted alcohol. It is estimated that 30 % of the alcohol served is sub standard and a risk to your health.

Of course, you will not see much of this on the left leaning MSM, or even on websites that rate tourist locations. They are all very careful to keep the truth from the American people, as there are billions of dollars at stake.
I don’t mind California. If I could afford to live there, I would. There are class issues there, but it isn’t a low quality state like Kentucky or a 3rd world country. Not even close. It’s lovely.

I have no clue where you get your facts, but they’re grossly inaccurate. Mexico’s economy is growing. Mexico continues to try to negotiate free trade deals around the world. Mexico has violent areas, but there are very upscale areas too. The violence is in specific areas, near the cartels. Which again, there’s a market for drugs. It’s a multi billion dollar industry. I was in Mexico 3 years ago. I’m also 31, so 30 years ago, I was a toddler. Currently there are American retirees moving to Mexico for the low cost and nice areas.

Sending billions of dollars other places is none of your concern. There are CT retirees that collect pensions, leave CT and use the money in other states. Once someone earns money, pays taxes if applicable, it’s their choice what to do with it.

We definitely need to find a way to make healthcare less expensive. Nearly Every western nation has figured it out, but us. Teens no longer want to work hard labor jobs. If they can’t work at the mall in air conditioning, they won’t work. If you think a 16 year old is going to pick oranges in 90 degree weather for 12 hours on the weekends for minimum wage , I’d like you to go talk to a 16 year old. If you can get them to stop looking at their phones. Have you ever been to California? If you think suggesting that CT is going to become CA, will scare people from voting Dem, you’re wrong. My parents live in CA and I love it there. I was born there. Most people dream of living there. People all over the world travel there.

The thing about language and acclimating is that by the 3rd generation, most Hispanic immigrants lose their Spanish tongue. Just like other immigrant groups. Just because someone is spanish speaking, doesn’t mean they illegal. Puerto Rican’s are American citizens or people from Guam (Asian, I think they are) speak a non English language.

The country is always changing. My parents were born in the 60s, they had completely different opportunities than me, some better, some worse. My aunt told me she worked a a factory during the summer and paid her tuition to The state university. Same thing with housing. Middle class people are priced out of homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 03:44 PM

377 posts, read 241,101 times
Mexico is a bigger threat to out national security than the Russians , although Democrats would have you think the opposite. Where do I get my facts from? Research my friend. And not though the pipeline of the left leaning Democratic enabling MSM. They are allowing criminals and drugs to enter our country.If your are an illegal in Mexico you are sent back promptly, but now they are acting as a conduit from Central and South America.

You can’t disputed the facts I have listed about Mexico and California. It is our business when illegals are pullling money out of our economy and sending it elsewhere. If you are a citizen of this country, you have economic freedom, so why should illegals have the same benefits as citizens ? And that’s the way CT is going. Where were illegals gettting their driver’s licenses first ? Now they can get one here in CT. Where were the Sanctuary cities started ? And now they are here in CT. See the pattern?

You weren’t in Mexico 30 years ago, but I was , many times. Acapulco used to be one of the world’s destination tourist locations . Now ? You would be risking your life to go there. American have economic freedom, so if retirees want to move to Mexico, that is their right. If they care to save a few pennies to live where power outages are common, where they are at risk from criminal and gangs, that’s up to them. Sure there are secure areas , but the entire country is slowly but surely getting closer and closer to Third World status. If you doubt me, then why are so many leaving? Why aren’t Central and South Americans staying there instead of hoofing it to America ? I’ll tell you why. Because the word is out. Democrats have created a Sanctuary destination for illegals, with benefits., jobs, health care at an ER near you, etc.

You are quite young. You may think you are informed and knowledgeable , however you lack wisdom.
In due time, you may be able to grasp the big picture.

Five million middle class people have vacated California.And why is that ? You said it yourself, It is unaffordable. Midddle class people are leaving CT. Who will take their place? If it is up to Democrats, CT demographics will resemble California in 15-2o years. The handwriting is on the wall.

Tell me how letting poor people, either uneducated or low educated , in huge numbers, 100,000 in this state will benefit the citizens of this state ? I never had an issue paying for Health Care. No one that I know personally does . Why ? Because they kept up the journey to get the next best job, with the next best benefits, and didn’t look to the Government to solve their problems. That’s the America of old. Hard work , discipline, living within your means, those are the keys, not looking for a handout.

“ The Land of Steady Habits” remember that ? Now a days it sounds like what can I get , what freebies can I load myself up with minimal effort. Thats’ the California mindset, and it is spreading across America and as far away as CT.

What you fail to understand is that America has moved from a melting pot, to a mosaic. If you are coming into this country with junior high school or elementary level education and English skills , it is nearly impossible to transfer significant skills and knowledge to children. That places the stress, and the responsibility on the education system , which in some parts of the country are dealing with multiple languages within a single school or district.

Democrats are famous for never accepting the unintended consequences of their handiwork. They will just offer another program to plug the leak.More taxes, more spending, more unintended consequences.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:35 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Please return to the topic of the OP which is the demographics of Connecticut. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut