Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which mall is the best in Connecticut?
Stamford Town Center 3 6.25%
Westfield Trumbull 2 4.17%
Danbury Fair 15 31.25%
Connecticut Post Mall, Milford 5 10.42%
Brass Mill Center, Waterbury 0 0%
Westfield Meriden 1 2.08%
Westfarms, West Hartford/Farmington 17 35.42%
Buckland Hills, Manchester 3 6.25%
Enfield Square 0 0%
Crystal Mall, Waterford 0 0%
Other 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 09:00 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,722,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Yeah, it was still better than Milford and Trumbull, but not nearly as nice as it is today.

Waterbury, Milford and Meriden, IMO, are the worst malls in the state. Trumbull is not far behind.
I believe Meriden and Waterbury are both owned by Westfield. Last time I went to the one in Meriden I was not impressed. A really boring collection of stores and not exactly the nicest clientele. I'm sure some people reading this will accuse me of having a snob factor, but that's based on my experience.

Maybe it's just me because I don't enjoy going to malls and I hate shopping. If I had to pick one that I like, it would be West Farms. Not just because it's nearby which is convenient, but it really is a nice, well-kept place. I just wish we still had the fountains where the sofas and Starbucks kiosk is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo
Milford and Trumbull are equal IMO. Clientele at Milford might be worse though. Awfully close.

A number of people I've talked to have made the same complaints about Buckland Hills in Manchester. I've never had a bad experience there, but I've read stories of fights breaking out there and some of the adjoining plazas. Granted, that can happen anywhere, but I have yet to read or see news stories about this happening elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 09:16 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Out of the list in the poll I only been to..

Stamford Town Center
Westfield Trumbull
Danbury Fair
Connecticut Post Mall, Milford

So will have to choose based on that.

Best to worst..
Trumbull
Danbury
Stamford
Milford

Old 06-07-2018, 09:29 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Out of the list in the poll I only been to..

Stamford Town Center
Westfield Trumbull
Danbury Fair
Connecticut Post Mall, Milford

So will have to choose based on that.

Best to worst..
Trumbull
Danbury
Stamford
Milford
Whoa, Trumbull best? That’s surprising.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:39 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Whoa, Trumbull best? That’s surprising.
Stamford was my #1 but its too crowded, parking sucks and its in downtown area

Keep in mind I haven't been to a Mall in years and don't plan to.

We should do a poll on Outlets and expand out to compare to NY, MA, RI ones too

Old 06-07-2018, 09:51 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,184,903 times
Waterbury and Manchester are owned by GGP. Same developer opening SoNo.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:34 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Westfarms and Danbury are the nicest malls in our state IMHO. They are upscale, well designed and well maintained and have the best mixture of stores and restaurants. I do not like any of the now or formerly owned Westfield malls (Trumbull, Meriden, Connecticut Post, Enfield). They tend to have too many low level junk stores and offer nothing interesting or exciting.

There was a time when going to the mall was an event. They were attractive and had new things to see and do. It was an experience. I believe that this is what is missing from many of the malls of today and if mall shopping is to survive, mall owners are going to have to up their game. It will be interesting to see if the SoNo Collection does that and how rival malls (Stamford, Trumbull and Danbury) react once it is opened. Jay

Old 06-07-2018, 11:41 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Westfarms and Danbury are the nicest malls in our state IMHO. They are upscale, well designed and well maintained and have the best mixture of stores and restaurants. I do not like any of the now or formerly owned Westfield malls (Trumbull, Meriden, Connecticut Post, Enfield). They tend to have too many low level junk stores and offer nothing interesting or exciting.

There was a time when going to the mall was an event. They were attractive and had new things to see and do. It was an experience. I believe that this is what is missing from many of the malls of today and if mall shopping is to survive, mall owners are going to have to up their game. It will be interesting to see if the SoNo Collection does that and how rival malls (Stamford, Trumbull and Danbury) react once it is opened. Jay
Milford is adding Dave & Busters, which I was surprised is still popular enough to expand. They also have the best movie theater in the area, which for better or worse put theaters in Stratford and Orange out of business. And also an LA Fitness. I think they know they need to diversity to more "experiences" to survive. It will be interesting to see if they try to add residential. With so much square footage, and a questionable future for Macy's and Sears, I can't see how they'll keep that massive amount of space occupied. They have 2 large restaurant spaces that are now empty right in front. I could see a Cheesecake Factory, BRIO, or PF Chang's moving in. The more "premium" (in quotes because it's kind of a joke) sit-down restaurant chains seem to be the only ones doing well.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:42 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,184,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post

Trumbull already has reacted

Old 06-07-2018, 12:17 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,313,170 times
I'm surprised Enfield Square is still open. That place is gasping for air. Buckland in Manchester is ok but the shopping areas surrounding it seem to be busier than the actual mall itself like Evergreen Walk. Brass Mill in Waterbury is pretty rough and is around a sketchy part of town. I'm not sure how busy it is. I can't wait for the Norwalk SoNo to open. It's right off the highway and is a great addition for Southwest CT.

Old 06-07-2018, 02:08 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,803 times
They all kind of stink.

But, if I had to say--Westfarms, then Danbury. Stamford I went to, simply when I needed a Sephora. I didn't even realize the Crystal Mall was still open. I remember when I was kid, that one had an FAO Schwartz...for when we couldn't get into the city.

I also cannot wait for the SoNo Collection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut